Solved

Sim Not Working, Emergency Calls Only

Hello, I have a problem with my ID mobile sim. I haven’t used it for a while and although the account is active, it just says emergency calls only. I have tried another handset but it says the same thing. I have tried calling ID mobile but cannot get hold of anybody.

I am in an area with good service on three and another ID mobile number works fine here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ryan 27 July 2020, 16:20

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jvwpixie,

I’m sorry to hear this, we’ll need to ensure that the SIM card you have is the one activated on your account. We’ll arrange for someone to get in touch with you via PM to offer further support.

Ryan

Hi i need a new sim i have lost mine

Hi i need a new sim i have lost mine

my new sim still not working,no network nothing trying to register on network but nothing,its shows that it is registered but no network.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Petesy63,

We’ll send you a Private Message now to get your SIM out to you.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alextancos, have you tried taking the SIM card out and powering down the handset for 10 minutes before putting it back in?

Will

Thanks for your help i did what you said and it worked my phone is working now.

Hi @Petesy63,

We’ll send you a Private Message now to get your SIM out to you.

Will

Thanks but my phone is working now 

Hello iD,

My Sim card is not working, I get no signal at home at all and periodically no signal outdoors either.  My phone get wet and I think my sim card is damaged.  Please send me a replacement ASAP. 

Thanks

Stoneymonster.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Stoneymonster 

Would you be able to provide us with a full postcode for the area in which you’re facing problems in today?

Have you had a chance to try the iD Mobile SIM in another device to see if things work better there at all?

Hi,

The SIM seems to be intermittent and today I have had no signal all day, just emergency calls. Coverage says I should have a good signal but unfortunately where I live in postcode PL6 7QP it isn't.

I'm sure that when my phone went in water the SIM was damaged. I would like a replacement so I can be sure.

Thank you 

Thanks for your help i did what you said and it worked my phone is working now.

I just got a new phone and the sim isn't  working. I've tried everything  suggested above and nothing work. It seems to be the sim that is problem. Please  help . 

i even get an replacement sim card and its also not working.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Stoneymonster 

We’ve just had a look at the PL6 7QP postcode and seen this from the Network Engineers.

“We've just finished some work that we believe has fixed the problem but it might take a short while for full service to return.

We're keeping a close eye on things to check the fix has worked.”

So things should start to improve progressively from here.  How long ago was it you first noticed issues there locally?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Sofinamiah 

Was the phone from ourselves?  Or did you buy this elsewhere?

Any phone purchased from ourselves should work with the SIM right away.

If you bought a phone used from someone else, then you would need to ensure the phone is not potentially locked to only work with the previous network.  If you speak to the seller, they should be able to request that for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Alextancos 

Could we ask what phone you’re using with the iD Mobile SIM?

Could we get your full postcode also?

Presently I'm using my spare phone which is a Nokia 6. My new phone will be a Xiaomi note 9 pro. I would like a new Sim so will pop into Carphone warehouse unless you can send me one. The signal here is still zero and emergency calls only. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Stoneymonster,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now so we can get you a new SIM card sent out.

Will

My new sim card is not working on my unlocked phone. Help out. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @dejibass, is this a new sim for a new deal, or a replacement SIM for an existing deal?

Have you activated it yet? Please click here for instructions on how to activate your new SIM.

Will

Why iD Mobile?