Question

sms failed to send message, but was actually sent duplicated

• 1 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi. I have a weird issue with SMS sending. When I send an sms, I will sometimes get a response as saying that the message ‘failed to send’. However the recipient however will receive the message three times. This doesn’t happen every time, and seems to happen only to specific recipients. I have tried delete the contact from contacts and recreating them, but the same happens. Any ideas?  Many thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Philip Lawton,

I guess it’s possible your phone isn’t registered / registering with the iD network properly for some reason.

So it might be worth restarting your phone if you haven’t already done so.

1) Power down your phone
2) Remove the SIM and clean the contacts
3) Wait 15 minutes, reinsert the SIM and power the phone back on.

If you’re still having issues, try performing a network reset.

Android

Settings > General management or System > Reset > Reset network settings

iPhone

Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings

The network reset will delete all saved Wi-Fi networks from your phone, so you'll need to set these up again.

If this doesn’t fix the issue, try the SIM in a different handset, or try a different network SIM in your phone. This will help determine whether the issue lies with your phone or the SIM.

Good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Philip Lawton,

In addition to the advice from @andewhite, if you’re using an iPhone, please try the following steps:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?