Solved

Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number

Show first post

100 replies

Userlevel 2

One thing that hasn't been asked by ID in this matter & something none of us has mentioned.......handset? If we are all having this problem & we are all using the same brand/model handset it would point to that handset brand, or, are we all having the problem but on various brand handsets?

I'm using a Huawei 30 pro new edition.

What about you guys?

I’m also suffering from this issue. Regularly cut off mid call “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number”

Tried powering phone off/on to no avail. 

Hopefully this will be resolved soon so that my wife and I don’t have to leave for another network.

Userlevel 1

I too have this problem. I have had an ID mobile account for many years, and this particular SIM card and iPhone 5s for nearly 2 years. Up until a week ago I have never had an issue then suddenly started getting this ‘service does not allow access’ message during calls.

It can be before the person I am phoning has answered, or during a conversation. I have rung both landline numbers and 0800 numbers, there seems to be no pattern to it.

I would like to know if ID know why this is happening.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @MikeS , @AndyLB , @sfusion and @r_smith.

I’ll send each of you a Private Message now regarding this.

Will

Userlevel 1

I've also been having this problem lately, getting cut off mid-call to normal local land line numbers. Is there any resolution? 

Userlevel 1

I have been getting this message also during calls over the last 4/5 days.  It is very frustrating

Userlevel 2

One thing that hasn't been asked by ID in this matter & something none of us has mentioned.......handset? If we are all having this problem & we are all using the same brand/model handset it would point to that handset brand, or, are we all having the problem but on various brand handsets?

I'm using a Huawei 30 pro new edition.

What about you guys?

Good question!! 

Work phone; so old Iphone 5s

Lis

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your great info! I’ve experienced the same issue using my iD Mobile phone. It’s quite an odd one! I’ve escalated the problem to our development team and hopefully we’ll get to the bottom of it soon.

Cheers,

Kieran

I also get this problem, I changed to ID Mobile about a month ago and have had this same problem several times, to both mobile and landline numbers. Today I got cut off during a call to the doctors, which was annoying because it’s not easy to get through again. I have a SIM only contract with unlimited calls. It’s making me wonder if I've done the right thing moving to ID.   I hope you can sort this out quickly. 

Userlevel 2

This is interesting, earlier I found a thread on here from 7 months ago where iD users were complaining about the exact same message but in their case it was people calling INTO an iD number (3 mobile also) that were hearing the 'no access' message. Now it's completely reversed and it's our OUTGOING calls getting it. So far today I've made a few calls and not been cut off, fingers crossed for the rest of you.

Hi

I have been having this same problem since Friday.  It's very annoying as I use my phone daily for professional use

Please can you advise how this can be resolved

Thanks

Userlevel 2

The good news is that ID are now fully aware that it's a widespread problem & are working to get it fixed. Luckily it's still not happened again on any of my calls so far this week. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi everyone,

We believe we’ve found the cause of the issue and now just need to provide a fix. For some reason, some calls at random times are failing over to our backup server even though our primary server is running normally. Having backups and fail overs is usually a good thing as it means our services continue to run even if there is a problem. However, in this instance, something’s not working correctly. This issue should only be affecting a very small minority of customers which makes it a little trickier to solve. I can understand it’s frustrating for you as customers and I can assure you we’re all working to get it fixed as quickly as possible!

I’ll provide a further update when it becomes available. Thanks for your patience!

Kieran

I’ve been having the same issue since last week, which is highly problematic for me because I need to be able to contact clients for work. I’m only using landline and mobile telephone numbers - no premium numbers, and as I turn my phone off every night anyway, I know that’s not a reasonable fix.

It comes across as very unprofessional speaking to someone about their deceased family members and the phone cutting out halfway through the conversation. Any updates regarding the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re extremely sorry for any frustration or uncomfortable situations this has landed you in @Meaniepants 

This is being looked at as a high priority and hopefully it won’t be too much longer that this goes on for at this point in time.

Nevertheless, we’ll contact you via private message here now shortly so that we can take some further details and log this issue on your account.
Which in turn will help us get you updates directly.

I also had this problem. I'm new to ID so am concerned in case this is going to be a regular issue, not a good start. I was calling my elderly mother and call dropped mid conversation. Couldn't call her back as I kept getting the same message. I'm using a Samsung S20. Luckily I had my work mobile with me and was able to call her using that. 

It has happened to me  about ten times in the last three weeks. Numbers of friends and two important calls I had been on hold for. i called customer services who hadn’t heard of anything like this. I’ve rebooted the phone and taken the sim card out but it happened again just this morning. Live chat is not available either. Can anyone please help me as this topic is marked as “Solved”?

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @GT24 & @pjw67,

We’re sorry to see that you’re both experiencing this issue. As @Kieran C  mentioned, this is being worked on as we speak and we expect there to be a resolution in place very soon.

In the meantime, we will arrange for our Support Team to PM you both now so that we can log this on your respective accounts.

Ryan

Userlevel 2

It has happened to me  about ten times in the last three weeks. Numbers of friends and two important calls I had been on hold for. i called customer services who hadn’t heard of anything like this. I’ve rebooted the phone and taken the sim card out but it happened again just this morning. Live chat is not available either. Can anyone please help me as this topic is marked as “Solved”?

Thanks.

HI @pjw67 I am the originator of the post and I can assure you that I haven’t marked it as solved.  I am guessing that power lies with the administrators. 

Massively frustrating issue simply because there is no rhyme and reason.  It’s hard to re-establish trust in a service once it’s been broken.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Lisa Wolff , @pjw67 

You’re correct, the issue has not yet been fully resolved and hence this thread should not be shown as “solved”. I’ll figure out why the Community displays this. 

Regarding the issue, I can assure you that we’re working on this as a high priority. Our network teams have been working overnights in an attempt to solve the problem. It’s important we do network/technology changes in the early hours so that it causes minimal disruption. Our teams will continue to work around the clock until the problem is resolved.

Thanks for your patience and I’ll provide a further update as soon as more info is available.

Kieran

Userlevel 2

Hi @Lisa Wolff , @pjw67 

You’re correct, the issue has not yet been fully resolved and hence this thread should not be shown as “solved”. I’ll figure out why the Community displays this. 

Regarding the issue, I can assure you that we’re working on this as a high priority. Our network teams have been working overnights in an attempt to solve the problem. It’s important we do network/technology changes in the early hours so that it causes minimal disruption. Our teams will continue to work around the clock until the problem is resolved.

Thanks for your patience and I’ll provide a further update as soon as more info is available.

Kieran

Thanks Kieran.  I am pleased that the issue happened to you to and that you got to experience what I was trying to highlight.  

Thank you for looking into it and keeping us updated.

Lisa

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MikeS  & @AndyLB,

The issue has been escalated to Three UK and we’re currently looking into a fix with their Networking Team.

We’re aware of the issue and can only apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing at this moment in time.

Mohammed

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi all,

I can now confirm the issue has been resolved :). We’ve been monitoring the network since implementing an overnight change towards the end of last week and have not seen any further instances of the problem.

Thanks for your patience and contributions to the Community as we worked to get this one fixed!

Kieran

Userlevel 2

Hi all,

I can now confirm the issue has been resolved :). We’ve been monitoring the network since implementing an overnight change towards the end of last week and have not seen any further instances of the problem.

Thanks for your patience and contributions to the Community as we worked to get this one fixed!

Kieran

Hi Kieran

Thanks for the update.  Fingers crossed that this fix will permanently resolve the issue.

Many thanks

lisa

Hi all,

Kieran

Thank you, I haven’t had this issue for a few weeks now so thanks for looking into it and getting it fixed.

Hazel

Why iD Mobile?