Solved

Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number

Show first post

100 replies

I'm afraid after a cumulative two and a half hours of wasted time on hold, for it to repeatedly cut out, I've had enough.

So I won't be checking. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Oggy,

We are sorry to hear that.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Will,

I’m having the same problem, can you resolve please

Also having the same issue. Can't make a very important call. 

Userlevel 1

I don't make a huge amount of calls longer than 10 mins to be fair, but if it happens again when I do, I'll be sure to let you know!

Hi all,

I can now confirm the issue has been resolved :). We’ve been monitoring the network since implementing an overnight change towards the end of last week and have not seen any further instances of the problem.

Thanks for your patience and contributions to the Community as we worked to get this one fixed!

Kieran

Thank you, I haven’t had this issue for a few weeks now so thanks for looking into it and getting it fixed.

Hazel

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@DWLFCGMJ77,

Please can you advise if you get the same error message?

Kash

Userlevel 1

@Kash 

"Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number" is (I think - as it was last Thursday/Friday) what it told me after it had cut me off (15 minutes into a call) and then once again, when I tried to call that number back, immediately afterwards. Fortunately I could get through again 10 minutes later.

Hi @Tom 

It went to the complaints department and they said 039 number is a Spanish PRS number and is blocked and there is nothing they can do. Which I said is BS as I can call another 039 number and provided the example. What use is the network if I am unable to call a number I need to call?! The complaints dept were appalling, she actually chuckled at me during our conversation when I have made a complaint because I am frustrated I cannot call a number I need to call! Why do I have a phone, to make phone calls (amongst other things).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@DWLFCGMJ77,

Glad to hear that this is resolved. 

If you have this issue again, please keep timestamps of the calls and we will check it out.

Kash

Pixel 4a, fully updated, recharged, no problems. This problem has not been resolved. It's now September 2023. 

Despite reading about this, with articles going back at least 3 years, this happened to me a few days ago. When I informed support, l was told it was a chargeable number. No, it was a UK, 0800 number, free to make since 2015. Then I was asked for the exact wording, that's never going to happen, my response was sufficient to identify it as similar to above, but no, it had to be the exact words. Google withdrew the option to record calls. Third party apps were not an option due to poor reviews and poor experience.

Then it was possibly to do with a multiple of other options, none viable. Is this the best ID can do, with so many responses of its now fixed? Clearly not. Keep trying ID, as this is not good enough. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks, will try and remember to.

I have exactly the same problem. It is intermittent. I have plenty of minutes left on my call plan. 

Please can you resolve this. It is very frustrating especially if you have been in a call queue for ages to have the call cut off. 

Did you sort this? I am on day number 3 tomorrow of having this error when trying to call a hotel in Spain from UK. I need to reach this hotel urgently, can't use my husbands phone as he too is with ID and it doesn't work! I have checked all the settings at my end, and as I said, day 3 tomorrow and ID still not resolved the issue...

Userlevel 2

GRRRRRRR this has happened twice this morning. 

One landline

One mobile

Both private numbers

Not transferred to anyone

One call dropped 13 minutes in and the other dropped at 10 Minutes in.

It is becoming massively frustrating!!!

Userlevel 1

Did you sort this? I am on day number 3 tomorrow of having this error when trying to call a hotel in Spain from UK. I need to reach this hotel urgently, can't use my husbands phone as he too is with ID and it doesn't work! I have checked all the settings at my end, and as I said, day 3 tomorrow and ID still not resolved the issue...

Hi,  yes my phone is working again.  just started working after a day and a bit.  didn’t do anything special ti get it working.  I raised a complaint and received an email from the complaints team asking me to call them.  Waited on hold for over an hour before the line disconnected. sorry I can’t be of more help.

I also get this problem, I changed to ID Mobile about a month ago and have had this same problem several times, to both mobile and landline numbers. Today I got cut off during a call to the doctors, which was annoying because it’s not easy to get through again. I have a SIM only contract with unlimited calls. It’s making me wonder if I've done the right thing moving to ID.   I hope you can sort this out quickly. 

Userlevel 2

This is interesting, earlier I found a thread on here from 7 months ago where iD users were complaining about the exact same message but in their case it was people calling INTO an iD number (3 mobile also) that were hearing the 'no access' message. Now it's completely reversed and it's our OUTGOING calls getting it. So far today I've made a few calls and not been cut off, fingers crossed for the rest of you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @williamsth,

It is disappointing to hear that you have this issue too. I have flagged this to our dedicated team who will look into this promptly.

In regards to your issue, we will PM you now to see what we can do to try and get this sorted.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I started an additional thread of my own and was told to ‘turn off and back on again’

Seriously is that the extent of the a D.C. I’ve they can provide? I’ve only been with them since Feb and the service seems to be an utter joke. 
Looks like I’ll be ending my rolling contract and going to a more reliable provider!

My wife and I, both recent converts to ID Mobile, are both experiencing this same problem, can you please advise the fix in due course.

MikeS

Userlevel 1

*typo- should say advice *

Userlevel 2

Same problem here, it only started doing it yesterday (Thursday 13 Aug)Auto voice chirps up and cuts the call. I only make calls to standard mobile numbers.

Userlevel 1

Hi I'm having this issue. Tried several times to make a call and get told this message. 😞

Hi

I have been having this same problem since Friday.  It's very annoying as I use my phone daily for professional use

Please can you advise how this can be resolved

Thanks

Why iD Mobile?