Solved

Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number

Userlevel 2

PLEASE can someone answer this message for me.  I work for a charity supporting vulnerable and elderly people and I am regularly being cut off during phone calls using my ID mobile SIM.  

I will be mid way through a conversation and suddenly hear three beeps and hear a recorded message saying “sorry your service does not allow access to this number”

I have turned off WIFI calling as I thought that might be causing the issue but it’s still happening!  I know the phone is fine as it works with other SIMS. 

I have resorted to using my personal phone as I cannot trust the ID SIM mobile but I need to get this resolved.

Please help me to resolve this someone?

icon

Best answer by KieranC 31 August 2020, 12:47

View original

100 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No problem @Hazel1956,

Your patience was much appreciated by all of us here.

Will

Hi all,

I can now confirm the issue has been resolved :). We’ve been monitoring the network since implementing an overnight change towards the end of last week and have not seen any further instances of the problem.

Thanks for your patience and contributions to the Community as we worked to get this one fixed!

Kieran

This is still happening to me

Userlevel 1

I've just had exactly the same problem calling my car insurer. I've had no problems calling them until today. I've made many calls to them the last 2 weeks, but suddenly it cut me off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@DWLFCGMJ77,

Please can you advise if you get the same error message?

Kash

Userlevel 1

@Kash 

"Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number" is (I think - as it was last Thursday/Friday) what it told me after it had cut me off (15 minutes into a call) and then once again, when I tried to call that number back, immediately afterwards. Fortunately I could get through again 10 minutes later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@DWLFCGMJ77,

Glad to hear that this is resolved. 

If you have this issue again, please keep timestamps of the calls and we will check it out.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks, will try and remember to.

Userlevel 1

This has happened to me on multiple calls this afternoon. Please could someone advice?

Userlevel 2

This has happened to me on multiple calls this afternoon. Please could someone advice?

Snap.  Looks like it’s back.  :(

Same here, trying to call dwp for hours now

Userlevel 1

Same issue. I was on the call with a hospital. Every time the conversation was interrupted. “Sorry your service does not allow access to this number”…

I have unlimited mins and texts. How to solve this issue? 

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue. Yet from the thread it looks like this started 2 years ago?

I can be 10 mins or more in call, before I get cut off

Userlevel 1

It's only started happening this afternoon for me.....

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chris Burridge @jewelie @Mark Huntley @Oggy

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you are all having issues.

Is this issue now resolved or are you still having issues with calling?

It seems like everyone experienced this on the same day which means it may have been a short outage that took place.

Kash

I'm afraid after a cumulative two and a half hours of wasted time on hold, for it to repeatedly cut out, I've had enough.

So I won't be checking. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Oggy,

We are sorry to hear that.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I don't make a huge amount of calls longer than 10 mins to be fair, but if it happens again when I do, I'll be sure to let you know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @Chris Burridge,

Most likely it was a one-off issue as we had a few reports of this but has now been resolved.

Mohammed

Pixel 4a, fully updated, recharged, no problems. This problem has not been resolved. It's now September 2023. 

Despite reading about this, with articles going back at least 3 years, this happened to me a few days ago. When I informed support, l was told it was a chargeable number. No, it was a UK, 0800 number, free to make since 2015. Then I was asked for the exact wording, that's never going to happen, my response was sufficient to identify it as similar to above, but no, it had to be the exact words. Google withdrew the option to record calls. Third party apps were not an option due to poor reviews and poor experience.

Then it was possibly to do with a multiple of other options, none viable. Is this the best ID can do, with so many responses of its now fixed? Clearly not. Keep trying ID, as this is not good enough. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Clickey,

Welcome to the Community!

Do you get this issue with that specific number or other free to call numbers also?

As it’s an 0800 number it should be free to call so the cap won’t be the issue here.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi I'm having this issue. Tried several times to make a call and get told this message. 😞

This issue has started again, 3 times today i’ve been cut off mid call with the message “sorry, your service does not allow access to this number”. Clearly it does, because it happened mid call!

Userlevel 1

This issue has started again, 3 times today i’ve been cut off mid call with the message “sorry, your service does not allow access to this number”. Clearly it does, because it happened mid call!

Yep so annoying!! Happened loads of times trying to get through to insurance company!!

Userlevel 4

Hello all I ported my number and it was completed yesterday 15 January 2024, and all services were fine. 

Today now 16 January 2024 I can't make calls or if I do they just cut off when calling the number or in the middle of the call. 

It's the same annoying announcement (Sorry service does not allow access to this number) and the numbers are all mobile or land lines.

What do I need to do as I've turn phone off for 30 mins and turned back on and still happens. 

PS. It's happening all the time! 

Userlevel 1

Hello all I ported my number and it was completed yesterday 15 January 2024, and all services were fine. 

Today now 16 January 2024 I can't make calls or if I do they just cut off when calling the number or in the middle of the call. 

It's the same annoying announcement (Sorry service does not allow access to this number) and the numbers are all mobile or land lines.

What do I need to do as I've turn phone off for 30 mins and turned back on and still happens. 

PS. It's happening all the time! 

I spoke to agent on their chat. They are aware and trying to resolve issue 

Why iD Mobile?