Question

Text messages not being received

• 8 September 2020
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1

I am not receiving all of my text messages what can I do?

28 replies

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same issue, almost a couple of yearswithno problem now suddenly not receiving texts - this is losing me business and is so frustrating 

Userlevel 1

Having read your response to another question of the same issue - of those I know of, these are text messages and I dont know their network. 

I dont know how many others I am not receiving as I receive enquiry by texts from potential customers and so could be losing business because of this

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @KatKav,

I am sorry to hear about this issue! So we can gather further information, please can you let us know the below?

Which phone are you using?
Have you experienced this issue in areas 2-3 miles away from home?
Have you tried your SIM card in another phone?
If it’s an iPhone, please go to Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings and try to test the issue.

Also, I have merged your topics into this one for ease of offering assistance.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I am using a samsung S8 

As I dont knowhowmanytext messafesI havemissed I cannot answer for all of them but for the 2 I know of Iwas at hone connected to my wifi

I have not been made aware of any such issue before in the last 2 years, thisbegan a couple of months ago

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @KatKav 

Is this specific numbers that you’re not getting texts from or random?

e.g. you said you know 2 of them, so when they text again, did the message send or still not go through?

Was it defintiely showing delivered at your end?

Mohammed

This very frustrating as I cannot speak to any body at id

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mcodyowen@icloud.com,

Sorry to hear that.

How can we help?

Mohammed

My mothers phone has been failing to send and recieve any texts today. She has service, her calls and data is working but no texts. Can you help with this?

Hello @Mcodyowen@icloud.com,

Sorry to hear that.

How can we help?

Mohammed

Hi, can you please help? 

I have an ID contact on a Samsung galaxy A20e and am unable to send/recieve texts as of today. Calls and mobile data it working. Do you have any ideas?

I’m having the same issue today.  Can call ok but SMS messaging is not working, just keeps coming back with not sent.

I’m having the same issue today.  Can call ok but SMS messaging is not working, just keeps coming back with not sent.

Hi Paul, have you managed to speak to anyone or sort the problem?

Badge +10

@Paul El 

There are reported wide spread issues with the three network effecting text, however thankfully calls are still working for now!

(iD Mobile runs on the Three network)

Hopefully it’s just be a short term outage, thankfully they are aware of the issue and working on it.

You should still have data and if you have an iPhone could use the iMessage service to send messages to those contacts that have that similar service on the iphone.

Hi Paul, have you managed to speak to anyone or sort the problem?

No I haven't spoken to anyone but it looks like it's now in hand. See the thread below. 

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/id-news-and-service-updates-16/we-re-currently-experiencing-intermittent-sms-issues-41526 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This should now be resolved all.

If you're still facing issues, please let us know.

Mohammed

Yes im having hit and miss problems with texts. Not great as its a business phone

Same for me. I am trying to validate my identity on several websites, but not receiving any OTP for the past 3 days. 

What’s the point of having coverage if you cannot use the service?!?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ronny5656,

How are your other services behaving? is coverage looking good in terms of signal bars?#

How long have you been experiencing these issues?

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Saverio,

Are other messages working as expected? Have you recently ported a number over to us?

Will

I have same problem  I can't receive text mag  I'm thinking to cancel the contract 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ayman82,

Just a few questions sorry:

How long has this been the case?

Have you recently ported a number into our network?

Is this from all numbers, or any in particular?

Cheers,

Will

Hi @ayman82,

Just a few questions sorry:

How long has this been the case?

Have you recently ported a number into our network?

Is this from all numbers, or any in particular?

Cheers,

Will

I have been with id since 2018  as I used id as my second number  but I noticed 3 week ago when I tried to rest my PayPal password I'm not getting  the message  so I asked  my wife to send me message  to the id number  so yeah I was not getting any message  but for how long I don't know  

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @ayman82.

Did your wife receive any sort of error message when trying to text you? Is she able to call you?

Will

Thanks @ayman82.

Did your wife receive any sort of error message when trying to text you? Is she able to call you?

Will

when she try to msg me  she getting notification message cannot be sent

call is fine i receive calls no problem but no messages 

anyway i just transferred my number to another network and cancelled my contract

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

We are sorry to hear that @ayman82 

Feel free to message us for any issues you may have.

-Mohsin

Not getting text messages from some service providers , banks, HMRC etc . They have been sending OTPs and am not getting them. Though, I sometimes get text messages from NHS, and from my contacts. This started happening for the last one month or so. 
I use iPhoneX and have been with iD for 9 months. Data and calls are fine through WiFi calling service. 

Any help ??

Why iD Mobile?