Solved

Text Problems

• 25 January 2021
  • 3 replies

My phone has not sent or received texts since last Thursday. What is going on?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 1 February 2021, 17:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Brill teach 78. sorry we didn’t catch this one sooner.

Hopefully we can help you get to the bottom of this here.

Are you able to try and send a test text message to your own mobile number and let us know if that goes through ok?

Are people able to call you fine/ you able to call people fine?

Could we get your full postcode to try and look into any known issues with your local mast(s)?

Hi Kevin,

After many frustrating hours using your website and trying to get a response from the customer service number, a friend found a number for vulnerable people which I tried only to find it was an automated response again.  However, I left a message and eventually a human being rang me back and decided that my Sim card was the problem saying it was an old card and had been de-activated, despite the fact that Carphone Warehouse had inserted a new one into my new phone on December 2nd and it had worked perfectly up until last week and I had received texts from ID saying it had been activated on the 18th January??  However, I received a new Sim card this morning which I have inserted into my phone but doesn’t seem to working as yet…. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Brill teach 78,

I’m sorry to hear that the new SIM card is yet to work; this will likely need activating first. We will send you a PM now to get this all sorted.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?