Question

TEXTS PROBLEM

• 24 March 2022
  • 7 replies

I have had an ID contract for years but have never used my phone to send texts. Now I have but it won't let me send them, though I can receive them. I have had an issue with my BT landline and I needed to reply to their texts s. But every time I try to reply I get an error message or a line saying "Can't send texts with ID mobile." What's going on? 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @DavidWJ, is it just this one BT number you’re having trouble with? What happens when you try to text standard 07 numbers?

Are you definitely sure this BT service is textable? In customer service, you’ll often come across text services and email addresses that are no-reply, meaning you can’t respond to them directly. For the time being, I’d recommend contacting BT via alternate means, and get back to us here once you’ve tried to text a standard 07 number. We’ll then be able to diagnose further.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi I am unable to send normal text messages since I have been with your network. Can you resolve this problem please

caroline 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Caroline Ricketts,

Your post seems to suggest you’ve recently joined iD Mobile?

If you joined recently, you could try using the “Get your settings.” page.

Anyway, good luck.

Hi. My boyfriend is struggling to log in to send this text so he’s asked me to do it for him. He joined this contract in March and he’s on unlimited minutes and texts + 25gb of data each month. Sending text messages was fine until now. For some reason it won’t let him send any texts back to the people who he needs to text back. For example  his work..our midwife/family nurse and our family’s. He can receive text messages from all sorts of numbers but every time he tries to send a text back it keeps saying “failed”. Why is this? And can you please help!! 

I also have this problem. New to iD and I can’t send text messages? Have done the Set up and switched numbers successfully but I can’t send messages. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I also have this problem. New to iD and I can’t send text messages? Have done the Set up and switched numbers successfully but I can’t send messages. 

Have you just joined iD and also ported your mobile number to iD?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Sarah R, please ask your boyfriend to follow the below steps, depending on whether he’s using an iPhone or Android device.

iPhone

• 1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
  • 2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
  • 3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
  • 4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
  • 5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
  • 6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

Android

• Open Messages
  • Tap More options > Settings > Chat features.
  • Toggle ‘Enable chat features’ OFF, wait 15 minutes and turn them ON again
  • If texts still don’t send after turning chat features on again, consider keeping them turned off

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?