Question

Unable to use 4G for calls (incoming or outgoing) when at home

• 3 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have for the a number of months now not been able to make or receive calls when on 4g at home. To be clear, there is no issue with my phone picking up a 4g signal at home as I have 3 out of 4 bars on my signal strength and I can use 4g for using the internet and accessing apps etc. My phone previously worked on 4g at home too.

When I first encountered the problem I spoke to customer services who said it was a SIM issue and they would send a new one, which they failed to do.

I have spoken to the Know How team at a Carphone Warehouse store and they said it would not be a sim problem anyway.

I do not have not encountered problems using 4g for calls elsewhere.

Receiving calls, or more to the point, not being able to, is more of an issue than making calls at home as I can use a landline but if someone tries to call me I am unaware they are calling, I do not get a missed call message and if I then try to retrieve a voice message I am unable to call my voicemail either.....

It is very frustrating and as I am SIM only I am seriously thinking of going to another service provider.

Thanks for your time.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @JonnyArgyle,

Welcome to the iD community.

Are you referring to 4G Calling?

Which handset are you using your SIM in?

4G Calling is only supported on specific handsets for which you can find the list of on our 4G Calling page.

If you don't have one of these devices, it's more than likely it's not supported.

It goes without saying, but this is also subject to 4G Coverage in your area.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?