Solved

Unable to use my phone or sim!

• 2 December 2018
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
SINCE TRYING TO PORT OLD NUMBER I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO RECEIVE ANY CALLS FOR OVER 4 WEEKS
I requested that my old mobile number be "ported" which ID mobile’s website states will take a maximum of 2-3 working days. 3 days later my old number was “semi –ported” so that when making an outgoing call to someone, their phone would show that they had received a call from this old number. However if they tried to ring that number the call would not go through, and they would just be told that the number was not in service. In fact I have not been able to receive ANY CALLS either on my new id mobile phone number or my old number for more than 4 weeks. I have wasted countless hours on the phone ringing day after day about the problem only to receive polite but empty apologies and assurances from their South African call centre that the matter would be sorted out by the end of the day. In fact nothing whatsoever has ever been done. As for the live chat........
icon

Best answer by Michelle 6 January 2021, 12:56

View original

10 replies

Badge +10
Hi welcome to the ID community,

This is most unfortunate! It may seem very simple but have you turned your mobile off and back on again since the port started over 4 weeks ago?

80% of issues can be resolved with a power off and on.

Have you been able to try the SIM card in another mobile?
Have you cleaned the SIM card and reinserted it?

Have you reset the network settings on the mobile?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
SINCE TRYING TO PORT OLD NUMBER I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO RECEIVE ANY CALLS FOR OVER 4 WEEKS
I requested that my old mobile number be "ported" which ID mobile’s website states will take a maximum of 2-3 working days. 3 days later my old number was “semi –ported” so that when making an outgoing call to someone, their phone would show that they had received a call from this old number. However if they tried to ring that number the call would not go through, and they would just be told that the number was not in service. In fact I have not been able to receive ANY CALLS either on my new id mobile phone number or my old number for more than 4 weeks. I have wasted countless hours on the phone ringing day after day about the problem only to receive polite but empty apologies and assurances from their South African call centre that the matter would be sorted out by the end of the day. In fact nothing whatsoever has ever been done. As for the live chat........

Hello @lavendergree,

It's been quite some time and we've yet to receive a reply.

Have you since been able to get this sorted with our Team or are you still facing issues?

Mohammed

My phone much the same I also ported an old number.

on speaking to a lady in god knows where I was unhappy with her answer of my phone still locked , it's never been locked and why will it work one minute and not the next.

my family all complaining that I don,t answer my phone, or can,t hear me .

i try to make a call and get silence does not connect or drops once connected, I did,not have this problem with EE and wish I had,not changed to id.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mishmolly,

It sounds like the issue could be due to coverage as opposed to an issue with the number not receiving routing correctly?

Can you confirm your full postcode for me please?

Mohammed

Ng18 3ld

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mishmolly,

This area shows to have Good Outdoor but Limited Indoor coverage and so we would expect issues from time to time. There is some unplanned outage reported on the 9th as well as some planned work on the 13th just gone.

I’m expecting this to be a factor as to what’s caused the issues.

However,  you have said that you aren’t receiving ANY calls no matter where you are, so we’ll investigate this further. 

Please can you email us

Kind Regards,

Mohammed

Both my old o2 sim not working  nor my ID sim

I did port the number from o2 but my ID sim can only receive calls and I can't make a call or use 4g!!!!!

Someone please help 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @Kishan 

Please could you turn your phone off and back on again, as this can help after a number has ported.

Please could you also confirm the make and model of phone you are using?

Michelle 

I have tried that already 

I think the issue is that I have cancelled my contract with ID ,but my old number has still been ported over to ID ,but both numbers are now not active!!!

How do I recover my old number ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Kishan,

What date did you submit the port?

If the contract with us was cancelled, the number would have been disconnected.

What happens when you call from the iD SIM and then from the O2 SIM.

What happens when someone calls the number that’s ported, which phone rings.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?