Solved

Very poor phone signal 4G

• 18 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi since early last week, 13/09/21  my phone signal [4G] is very poor and sometimes cuts out altogether. Up until then I had no issues although never had a great reception. Is there any network problems in my area my postcode is BA1 6QJ. This is occurring on both my android and my husband’s Apple mobiles.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 18 September 2021, 18:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Just checked for you:

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @pomerol,

It looks as though there is an issue with the network in your area as shown in @WelshPaul’s post. Please let us know if the problem persists so we can look into this further. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Ryan

Userlevel 2

Ryan, The problem has already continued all week. I would like you to look into it further and get an idea of how much longer it will continue. My phone, Google pixel 3A does not support wifi calling and I don’t want to use Whatsapp for my calls and I need to receive calls for my work. Regards, Julia

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @pomerol,

Looking into this further, we can see that the network mast serving BA1 6QJ is experiencing congestion which will mean the network may run slower than usual at times and there has been no end date mentioned due to the nature of the issue. The congestion started on the 14th September so this matches the time scale which you have mentioned.

We apologise for this issue and we hope to see it resolved very soon. In the meantime, you may want to see if your phone’s network settings allows you to connect to “3G Only” networks, whenever the coverage is low, to provide a more stable connection.

Ryan

Userlevel 2

I get nothing at all with 3g. Am considering changing to a different sim provider if its going to carry on indefinitely.

Userlevel 2

I would like to change to a different company so that I can use my phone for calls reliably at home. Have another 6 months though on my contract. Surely ID should release me if there service is not fit for purpose and there’ no solution to mast problem in sight.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I would like to change to a different company so that I can use my phone for calls reliably at home. Have another 6 months though on my contract.

Text PAC to 65075 and leave if that is what you want to do. Your final bill will include any remaining months left on your minimum term contract.

Surely ID should release me if there service is not fit for purpose and there’ no solution to mast problem in sight.

There clearly is a solution in progress, that’s why they are working on the mast. No matter what network you go with, at some point (if you stay with them long enough) you’re going to encounter an issue like this. Sucks, but it is what it is. 😔

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @pomerol,

Please let us know if the service hasn’t improved by next week. If you’re still having issues then, we’ll escalate this for you and see about getting some accurate time frames for you.

Will

Why iD Mobile?