Solved

Video occasionally stops but audio continues streaming from Amazon Prime or Netflix via Fire Stick

• 10 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Anyone experienced video stopping but audio continues while streaming from Amzon Prime or Netflix?  I don’t use casting or mirroring but hotspot to the firesttick.  Signal level and quality at the firestick are both very good with data rates of roughly 100 Mbps on 2.4 ghz and 240 Mbps on 5 ghz

Also Netflix comes up with “Am I using a proxy or VPN or unblicker because I don’t appear to be in the UK”.  I am on Unlimited 5G in Stevenage. and not using any of the above to my knowledge.  Simply turning firestick off and on again resolves problem.  in about a minute or two.  I have tried Amazon many times and they suggest turning of the firestick screen saver or sending me a new firestick, on the third firestick now.

Are there any unpublished speed restrictons or daily data limits?  I rarely use more than 5GB per day.  Everything else with iD Mobile is 10 out of 10, barring the recent logging in problem.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 August 2021, 13:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Bob Owen 

We don’t have any network restrictions on speeds or fair usage policies for usage in the UK so this shouldn’t be an issue.

It’s odd that this is happening.

Do you get the same issue streaming Youtube?

Try a video at 4K and testing this to see if the same issue occurs but only when on the phone alone?

The issue may be to do with the firestick losing connection to the hotspot.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Mohmmed, 

Thanks for your reply.  I think that I may have solved the problem by turning off the “HDMI CEC Device Control” option in the Display and Audio section of the Fire Stick settings but I have no idea why but the video has not frozen since.  On a second HDMI slot is a Manhattan PVR but I don’t think that this was causing the problem.  

cheers, bob

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Bob Owen,

What a mystery!

Glad it’s all sorted now though, cheers for the update.

Will

Why iD Mobile?