Sticky F.A.Q.

Wi-Fi Calling & 4G Calling

Show first post

108 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Any plans to add OnePlus handsets to the list? I have the 5, and would love the WiFi calling. The id network drops like dead fly at least couple times a week at work, and I am left with no contact to my family :(

Hello @Lanahannah,

I believe the OnePlus devices are an O2 exclusive so it's unlikely these handsets would be on our list to be added. Sorry about that1

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @mattm591,

Nothing that I can confirm just yet, but if it's added, we'll update this topic!

Mohammed
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
I'm thinking about joining ID Mobile but have been put off by this topic? Do you actively block 'officially' unsupported phones from using these features? I'm currently with BT and whilst they have an official list of supported phones, they will let any connect and use them, they just can't guarantee it will work. My phone isn't on the BT list and works perfectly. Obviously if you're actively blocking people then there's no point me switching for a worse service (I rely on VoLTE/Wifi Calls).

Hi @bobobob,

Welcome to the iD Community!

We don't actively block this feature for phones not on our list, it is just a case of advising that we can't guarantee that the feature will work with devices not on our official supported list.

I hope this helps!

Ryan
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @Zeeshan,

As our list of supported devices increases, we hope that yours will be included in time.

Ryan

Hi, no i'd already tried this based on the other comments…  its a brand new SIM-Free phone so as you say I did expect it to work as its on the list… not great as it was bought specifically for this reason as i have no phone signal at home… the list clearly cant be trusted at face value.. is the “Alcatel 3L” support for the 2020 version only?  if so it needs to be stated!

Userlevel 1
Wi-Fi calling was working brilliantly on my Samsung Galaxy S8 for a few weeks (I notice it's not on the official list), but now seems to have stopped.

Please reconsider adding it back again - like I said, it worked very well.

Thanks.
Userlevel 2

Hi, no i'd already tried this based on the other comments…  its a brand new SIM-Free phone so as you say I did expect it to work as its on the list… not great as it was bought specifically for this reason as i have no phone signal at home… the list clearly cant be trusted at face value.. is the “Alcatel 3L” support for the 2020 version only?  if so it needs to be stated!

Do you have any others phones that you could test your ID SIM in? Or try that phone on a different WiFi network. (Sometimes the problem can lie with the router)

Userlevel 4
We should also mention the benefit of native WiFi calling versus application based ones.

The native Wi-Fi calling implementation currently done by iD Mobile allows you to use an Wi-Fi connection to call in locations where there is no signal (blackspots). Eventually, when you have signal again, the call will handover to the carriers network seamlessly. There is no need to register for any applications as it is natively based on the device's modem (though you will need an supported firmware to enable Wi-Fi calling, which is where iD is continually trying to support more handsets through these updates).

This is a very useful feature indeed that application based calling is not capable of.

Hi, yep i borrowed an iphone 6 to test the IDmobile sim on wifi calling (on the same wifi network) and it worked fine.. tested that before i went and bought the Alcatel 3L.. 

When will wifi calling be available on Samsung Galaxy handsets? The area I'm in has no signal from ID. I saw that you supported Wifi calling which is one of the reasons that I chose to move to you but hadn't seen that you only supported Apple products. I have an S7.
@Nikhil P @Mohammed Please can I appeal to you to add the HTC U Ultra to the list of handsets that support WiFi Calling?
Userlevel 1
It'd be great if you'd enable WiFi call on the Google
pixel 2 XL.
I've seen that Wifi calling is now available on selected devices. I'm just wondering if any other devices are in the pipe line. It would be very handy for me as i don't get any phone signal in my flat atm 😞

I use a Huawei P10.

I see that people ask for certain phones to be added to “the list”. Why?

Could someone please explain to me what, exactly, is the purpose of “the list”? Is it that:

1. If a phone is on the list, then VoLTE on that phone is guaranteed/supposed/likely(*) to work? (delete as appropriate)
  2. If a phone is not on the list, then VoLTE on that phone is guaranteed/supposed/likely(*) to not work? (delete as appropriate)

I am asking because I have a VoLTE-enabled phone which is not on the list. Does the fact that it is not on the list mean that it is guaranteed to not work?

Userlevel 1
ID looks great. The only thing holding us back from brining all my lines over is the lack of WiFi calling on Android handsets that natively support it.

Any plans to include it on other devices? Especially those that don't require any software like the P Smart, P20 etc.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jaimet,

Phones on the list above are devices that we have tested and therefore should work.

If a phone is not listed then it doesn’t mean it won’t work for definite, it’s just that we haven’t tested the phone or when we did, we couldn’t support the service at that time.

Ryan

I have switched from ee to id purely for the great deal i was offered. However i have just found out that my phone lg g5 is not compatible with wifi calling.

Will this be added as we live in a black spot for your signal.

Regards

Mark
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @boothy99,

Is your software up to date on the handset?

It may be worth contacting Google if you are unable to locate it in your settings.

Kash

Userlevel 1
Is support coming for the Pixel 2 XL?
I'm thinking about joining ID Mobile but have been put off by this topic? Do you actively block 'officially' unsupported phones from using these features? I'm currently with BT and whilst they have an official list of supported phones, they will let any connect and use them, they just can't guarantee it will work. My phone isn't on the BT list and works perfectly. Obviously if you're actively blocking people then there's no point me switching for a worse service (I rely on VoLTE/Wifi Calls).
Any plans to add OnePlus handsets to the list? I have the 5, and would love the WiFi calling. The id network drops like dead fly at least couple times a week at work, and I am left with no contact to my family 😞

Hello,

I would like to join ID.

I have a device on your wifi calling list (Sony Xperia XA2) but I didn’t buy it from ID. It is unlocked and up to date.

Will it definitely work for wifi calling and volte on ID?

Thanks!

NickP

Will you be adding Wifi calling for the newer Nokia devices? (e.g. Nokia 3.1)
ID mobile supports Samsung A6 (2018) for wifi and 4G calling, BUT, why not Samsung A6 Plus (2018)? i turned on both in my phone, but not working....

Samsung Galaxy A6 and A6+ plus

😣
Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @nrsp 

The only reason I could think that it wouldn’t work is if the firmware for the phone is one that is flashed in particular with a previous network so that certain features (WiFi calling in this case) are only compatible when used with said networks own SIM’s.

We’ve heard customers tell us they’ve flashed the firmware to make things work fine thereafter, but that’s not something we’d be able to help with from our side.

You’d be welcome to purchase a SIM and cancel it within the cooling off period to test if your phone allows for WiFi calling though.

Why iD Mobile?