WiFi calling is on in phone settings

WiFi calling doesn't work either, driving me mad
Sits in "dialling" for about 30 seconds
Then "out of service area"
Finally "not in service area

Here are screenshots

Hi @Ryan ,

That explains it perfectly - thank you. In that case, can I please ask:

I’ve recently signed up to idmobile hoping that I would be able to use VoLTE on my LG G5. When I force my phone to use “LTE only” (by using the menu available under *#*#4636#*#*), the phone successfully connects using 4G. The “VoLTE Provisioned” switch is showing on “On”, the “Voice Network Type” shows “LTE” and the “Data Network Type” shows “LTE”, but the “IMS Service Status” menu option shows:

IMS Status

IMS Registration: Not registered

Voice over LTE: Unavailable

Do you know whether this is likely to be a problem on my end (device) or on your end (carrier), and whether there is anything that I can do to fix it? TIA, Jaime

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash,

Yes - mobile is fully up to date. As I mentioned earlier - dialing *#*#4636#*#* for phone information, shows both VoWiFi calling is greyed out and activated, along with VoLTE (4G). Looks like it's non-tamperable / idiot-proofed against being able to turn it off 😂

Cheers,

Dave.

Userlevel 1

Ok, thanks Kash ... just seen message. I'll respond 👍

No issues with WiFi calling though ... just curious regarding VOLTE / 4G calling & whether it's just automatically "ON" (with no settings to edit).

Userlevel 2

Hi, yep i borrowed an iphone 6 to test the IDmobile sim on wifi calling (on the same wifi network) and it worked fine.. tested that before i went and bought the Alcatel 3L.. 

Oops sounds like the phone then, id be sending it back, lol. Did you have specific reason for wanting the Alcatel?

Userlevel 1

Yes, it would make more sense to have a toggle to prioratise VoWiFi in a poor reception area.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

New Oppo and Samsung devices added. 

Emil

Any chance of the Motorola G9 Plus being added to the list?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @PickleRick 

It’s very possible that an unlisted device would work for features we don’t officially say work on it, however we wouldn’t be able to officially comment on it working, only to say it wouldn’t, you’re always welcome to try an iD Mobile SIM in a device we don’t have listed however we wouldn’t expect anything.

Tom

No i didnt come from CPW - it was a tesco’s refurb from ebay… it could have had some history i guess but its an immaculate refurb and works perfectly other than wifi calling… wifi calling appears to be a bit bleading edge hit and miss at the moment

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

New devices added: 

• Samsung A33
  • Samsung A03
  • Redmi Note 11
  • Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
  • Xiaomi 12
  • Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G
  • Honor Magic 4 Lite 5G

Can iD add Wi-Fi call support for recent and new Sony Xperia flagship models such as Xperia V IV, Xperia V V, Xperia 1 V using Android 13? All the expensive Apple and Samsung phones are on the list so why not Sony?

Is Wi-Fi calls something that the carrier has to provision or is it a function provided by the OS that will be present and able to be switched on but has not been tested if the phone is not on the list?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can iD add Wi-Fi call support for recent and new Sony Xperia flagship models such as Xperia V IV, Xperia V V, Xperia 1 V using Android 13? All the expensive Apple and Samsung phones are on the list so why not Sony?

Perhaps Sony devices might be listed, if Sony had a bigger UK smartphone market share, @PickleRick. Currently Apple and Samsung account for around 80% of the UK smartphone market, while Sony have less than 1% market share.

Perhaps Sony devices might be listed, if Sony had a bigger UK smartphone market share, @PickleRick. Currently Apple and Samsung account for around 80% of the UK smartphone market, while Sony have less than 1% market share.

Maybe, but is that an iD Mobile official response? As an iD Mobile SIM-only customer I’m requesting iD Mobile adds this support. Surely it can’t be difficult if Android OS already supports this function? If 1% of market share isn’t worth getting out of bed for, that makes iD Mobile look lazy in supporting its customers and pursuing the delivery of shareholder value.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps Sony devices might be listed, if Sony had a bigger UK smartphone market share, @PickleRick. Currently Apple and Samsung account for around 80% of the UK smartphone market, while Sony have less than 1% market share.

Maybe, but is that an iD Mobile official response? As an iD Mobile SIM-only customer I’m requesting iD Mobile adds this support. Surely it can’t be difficult if Android OS already supports this function? If 1% of market share isn’t worth getting out of bed for, that makes iD Mobile look lazy in supporting its customers and pursuing the delivery of shareholder value.

Maybe many UK MVNO businesses could be considered no-frills operations, focused on keeping their operating costs as low as possible. Perhaps customer and device support suffers as a result.

Just some personal thoughts @PickleRick, as a member of this user forum.

.. focused on keeping their operating costs as low as possible. Perhaps customer and device support suffers as a result.

@andewhite thanks for your personal thoughs. I do not doubt that iD Mobile’s customer support is lacking. After all, I’m on this forum asking.

As this is a forum on the topic of Wi-Fi calling, does this feature need iD Mobile to provision it on each phone model specifically and add them to the list, or, if the phone has Android 13 and is network unlocked, will Wi-Fi calling be available straight out of the box even if a phone is not on the list?

What a pleasant surprise. I was with virgin and couldn't get WiFi calling on my Realme 8. Virgin transferred me to O2 yesterday, and WiFi calling switched on! A bit of a surprise as my phone isn't on o2's list. I now get a solid signal indoors for the first time ever. Needless to say, I'm very happy ..

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m guessing that my Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 (unlocked) won’t be added to your “approved list” for WiFi Calling.

Regards,

Paul

Userlevel 2
Hi,

Had my iD SIM for about a week now. I'm aware that Three only broadcasts VoLTE on Band 20 (800 MHz). One thing I'm noticing is that if both LTE bands are available, I'm tending get Band 3 i.e. no VoLTE. In areas with limited Band 3 but good Band 20 the phone is constantly switching between VoLTE and UMTS (I.e. 3G) I tested this on my partner's phone and the results were the same.

E.g. Currently I'm in Lancaster City Centre, on 4G but not on VoLTE. Anyone else experiencing this?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated with 

• Samsung S21 FE 5G
  • Samsung S22
  • Samsung S22 Plus
  • Samsung S22 Ultra

on 11/02/22.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This article has been updated with the:

• Oppo Find X5 Lite
  • Oppo Find X5 Pro
  • Oppo Find X5

Emil

Userlevel 2
Id mobile support volte and vowifi on the Huawei P8 lite 2017, but it's not listed on the website.
Userlevel 2
Hi,

Had my iD SIM for about a week now. I'm aware that Three only broadcasts VoLTE on Band 20 (800 MHz). One thing I'm noticing is that if both LTE bands are available, I'm tending get Band 3 i.e. no VoLTE. In areas with limited Band 3 but good Band 20 the phone is constantly switching between VoLTE and UMTS (I.e. 3G) I tested this on my partner's phone and the results were the same.

E.g. Currently I'm in Lancaster City Centre, on 4G but not on VoLTE. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi,

What phones are you using?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3

List updated with Honor 50.

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Hi,

What phones are you using?

Cheap Chinese model and a Moto G4 (which doesn't support VoLTE). Irrelevant though as I know that iD is not utilising Band 20 as much as it could. Plus the Umidigi worked flawlessly on EE 2 weeks ago 😐

Why iD Mobile?