Question

Wi-Fi calling doesn't work

I have recently moved over to ID Mobile and like what seems like many before me, I’m having issues with the Wi-Fi calling function not working.

My workplace has very poor mobile connectivity so I rely on Wi-Fi calling to make and receive calls.

I have tried the obvious solutions suggested elsewhere but no luck.

Someone on another chat topic said that a replacement SIM worked for them. Could that be the only solution?

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you get your handset from iD Mobile?

Is you handset listed in the “Wi-Fi Calling & 4G Calling” community article?

I rely on the “iD WiFi Call” service at home, where mobile coverage is very poor. It’s been a reliable service for me.

Yes, I purchased it directly from ID Mobile and it’s an iPhone 13 so should work ok.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @Twinsdad, I’m using an iPhone 13 mini directly from Apple.

The iD Mobile Wi-Fi Calling service works for me. Have you ever had Wi-Fi Calling working on your iPhone 13?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Twinsdad, could you just run me through the steps you’ve tried already to save me asking you to do them again?

Alternatively, it might be quicker for you to chat to the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams so they can take a look.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi @Rory I’ve switched on the Wi-Fi calling function, tried different Wi-Fi networks, switched the phone off and on again - the usual, but nothing seems to work. I have been in touch with the IDMobile Facebook team and they’ve raised the matter with the tech team. I haven’t heard back from them yet. They have also said it may be an issue with the phone and for me to contact Apple which will be my next step if the tech team can’t find anything. I’ve read that a change of SIM might work.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @Twinsdad, if you can, try another SIM from EE, O2 or three, in your iPhone 13.

These networks all support Wi-Fi Calling with any model of iPhone, from the iPhone 5S onwards and with iOS 11.2 or later.

Your iPhone was supplied by iD and iD support the iPhone 13 for Wi-Fi Calling - it’s seems likely iD haven’t got your network account properly setup.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Twinsdad, the steps below fixed broken Wi-Fi Calling issue that another iD Community member had with their iPhone 12.

1. Resetting the network settings.
  2. Removing the SIM and leaving the handset off for 30 minutes.
  3. Reinserting the SIM card, powering on, and then putting the handset in to flight mode (i.e. Settings > Airplane Mode) with Wi-Fi only.

Hoping this will help.

🤞

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Twinsdad, could you try the above and let me know if it works for you?

Thank you,

Rory

Tried everything suggested but nothing has worked. Could it be an issue with the phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Twinsdad,

Could you please try the SIM in another iD Mobile Wi-Fi Supported handset if you have one to hand and see if that works.

Please can you also place the handset into Airplane mode and turn on Wi-Fi only, this should force the Wi-Fi calling feature to work.

Kash

Hi @andewhite tried everything you mentioned and still no joy. It’s causing me issues at work now not being able to use Wi-Fi calling as I have no phone signal at all. What’s the best way to contact ID mobile directly so I might request another sim?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @andewhite tried everything you mentioned and still no joy. It’s causing me issues at work now not being able to use Wi-Fi calling as I have no phone signal at all. What’s the best way to contact ID mobile directly so I might request another sim?

I assume the phone’s Wi-Fi works perfectly for Internet et cetera?

You’ll need to use the iD Mobile Live Chat service to request a replacement SIM.

Type “speak to an agent” after you get connected on the chat service, a real person should then be able to assist.

If you have trouble with their live chat, try contacting iD customer service privately using from their facebook page or Twitter page.

Good luck.

Why iD Mobile?