Question

WifFi calling for Samsung Galaxy A5 2017

• 9 September 2018
  • 1 reply

HI,

I have 2 contracts with ID, both including Galaxy A5 2017 phones. The one my wife uses is useless here at home due to zero signal inside the house, so I was excited to learn that Wifi calling had been implemented. The problem is that Galaxy A5 2017 is not on the approved list, despite having the wifi calling facility on the phone itself. The question is...Can I use the A5 as it has the feature, or do I have to wait until ID implement it for this phone, if ever.

She has a year to go and with the exception of the signal at home is happy with ID. I use EE and would Xfer if ID fixed it for the A5.

Thanks

Bob

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
HI,

I have 2 contracts with ID, both including Galaxy A5 2017 phones. The one my wife uses is useless here at home due to zero signal inside the house, so I was excited to learn that Wifi calling had been implemented. The problem is that Galaxy A5 2017 is not on the approved list, despite having the wifi calling facility on the phone itself. The question is...Can I use the A5 as it has the feature, or do I have to wait until ID implement it for this phone, if ever.

She has a year to go and with the exception of the signal at home is happy with ID. I use EE and would Xfer if ID fixed it for the A5.

Thanks

Bob

Hey @Bob77777,

Thanks for contacting us here.

Unfortunately, you can only enable/access WiFi calling on a handset that's on our supported list.

If the handset is not on our supported list, you may not be able to access this feature. We're also unable to provide support on getting this working for an unsupported handset.

You're welcome to try enable it and see if it works, if it does, then you're free to use this service. Though, I believe there's something on the network end that may not allow this.

Sorry I could not provide a more favourable response.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?