Question

WiFi calling doesn’t seem to work?

• 9 January 2019
  • 12 replies

Hi folks

I recently joined IDmobile and chose them because I know my signal can be poor at work and at home and therefore need WiFi calling to keep me connected.

I was previously with EE and WiFi calling worked seamlessly. When my signal dropped and I was connected to a network it kicked in and no missed calls.

Not so seamless with ID. It occasionally works when I’m at home and I can see the symbol, top left on phone but often it doesn’t work and I’m unable to call or receive calls.

At work it never works despite being connected to the network there. It’s so frustrating!

I have tried all the usual stuff, restarting phone, updating to latest iOS software and resetting network connections. Even removing sim and putting back in but no joy.

Anyone else got issues?

Thanks

Richard
iphone 7 plus
ios 12.1.2

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @rd14uk,

I am sorry to hear this. Would it be possible to restart both of those WiFi routers that you're connecting to, to see if this helps with the WiFi calling function?

Ryan
Thanks Ryan

Have tried that but no luck?
Badge +10
Hi @rd14uk welcome to ID Community,

I have a very similar issue, here is what I do to get it working again.
Goto settings/wifi and turn wifi off [not wifi-calling] wait a while then turn it back on again, this resolves it for me! [Do not toggle wifi off from the widget menu this only disconnects the wifi]

Check out the below link for more on wifi-calling and the official supported mobile list
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

I know you ave tried some if not all of these solutions below but please do them in this order.
Follow these steps if you can't turn on Wi-Fi Calling or make a Wi-Fi call. Wait two minutes before you go from one step to the next.
  1. Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is on.
  2. Restart your iPhone.
  3. Connect to a different Wi-Fi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.
  4. Turn Wi-Fi Calling off and then on again.
  5. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
You should not need to reinstall any software as this is a wifi / network issue.

You could try going to general and update and accept any new carrier settings that are available, a few weeks back there was an update and new carrier settings released.
Thanks Terry

Have tried your trick but no joy 🤔
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @rd14uk,

Are you seeing the WiFI Calling option in the settings when you're using the SIM?

Are you able to test the SIM in another WiFi Calling compatible handset at all?

Have you verified that your WiFi connection isn't dropping out when you're not receiving those calls at home?

Mohammed
Hi Mohammed

Thanks for replying

1. Yes seeing WiFi calling option in settings and turned on
  2. Dont have another handset
  3. wifi connection strong and not dropping out in house
WiFi calling has came back on and is now working at home but for how long? Still not working with my works WiFi.

Thanks

Richard
Userlevel 1

I have the same problem with my wife’s IPhone 7, totally unreliable today, it has been hit and miss since joining ID, rock steady on EE previous supplier. Usually get it back on by trying one of the above. Today nothing would work today, finally it’s up again after several hours let’s see how stable it is now

I have had id mobile for 3 months and recently realised that I am not getting wi-fi calling. Nothing has changed with my home setup. I've reset the router, checked phone for updates, connected to a different wi-fi point but still nothing. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have had id mobile for 3 months and recently realised that I am not getting wi-fi calling. Nothing has changed with my home setup. I've reset the router, checked phone for updates, connected to a different wi-fi point but still nothing. 

What handset are you using?

What handset are you using?

Pixel 6

Userlevel 1

wi fi calling back on today so far must of been a blip with ID / Three network

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @nicki.l, the Pixel 6 supports Wi-Fi Calling on iD Mobile, but we can only guarantee compatibility if you bought the phone directly from us. If it was bought elsewhere, it may not work due to firmware incompatibilities, unfortunately.

If you did buy the phone from us, just drop us a line here and we’ll see what we can do.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?