Question

WiFi calling not working on incoming calls and texts.

• 7 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,

My phone (iPhone 5s) is set up to WiFi calling and makes perfect out going calls and I am also able to send text messages no problem.

The problem I am having is that I can’t receive either when there is no phone reception, (but connected to the WiFi so WiFi calling should work). The calls go straight to voicemail and I don’t pick this up until I am back in mobile reception.

Does anyone one have any ideas of how to resolve this?
Many thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @SamanthaT, and welcome to the forums.

Did you previously use the iPhone 5s for Wi-Fi calls with another provider? If so, it could be that you still have some lingering settings in the phone from the previous network that are causing a conflict on our side.

Could you look in your settings to see if you can see anything relating to network/ carrier profiles and potentially delete any that are saved within the phone.

Let us know how you get on there. We'll continue to troubleshoot this further as needed though.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

Right tried as suggested and it still didn't work! Did a whole factory reset on my phone to make sure there were no old settings linger in the background.

Unfortunately though I still have the same problem. What would you suggest I try next?

Thanks,
Samantha.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Kevin,

Right tried as suggested and it still didn't work! Did a whole factory reset on my phone to make sure there were no old settings linger in the background.

Unfortunately though I still have the same problem. What would you suggest I try next?

Thanks,
Samantha.

Hello @SamanthaT,

Have you ever been able to get this service to work for incoming calls/texts in the past?

Have you been able to test on a different WiFi network?

What about if you text your own number when using WiFI calling, what happens?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi . Just new to ID mobile I had the same problem? Worked out the problem with the I phone
. You need to settings then phone and then enter your mobile number in. Then switch off and then back on .

Why iD Mobile?