Solved

Delivery of a SIM card

• 5 November 2018
  • 20 replies

Hello ID,

I have ordered a SIM card on the 22nd of October but it still hasn't arrived (two weeks now).
I cannot get through to the customer service on the phone.
Could you please check if the card has been posted?

Best,
Kama
icon

Best answer by Ryan 7 November 2018, 14:26

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Kama Keskus,

I am sorry to hear this! Please can you contact our Live Chat team urgently so we can check on your order? You can contact them here.

Let me know how you get on.

Ryan
I have and I was told the order was cancelled but I have never been informed about that by ID mobile or given a reason why....I have just wasted two weeks waiting for nothing
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi Kama,

That is unfortunate to hear. An order would only be cancelled if you have failed an internal security check or if the credit check had not been successful.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. That’s weird I’ve never had a problem with a credit check before. I think people should be notified if they failed checks for some reason.

Best,
Kama
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Kama Keskus,

I understand your frustration caused here. Were you not notified via email with details regarding your order failure?

Ryan
Hi Ryan,

No, unfortunately I wasn't notified.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Ryan,

No, unfortunately I wasn't notified.

Hi @Kama Keskus,

The email may be in your Spam/Junk folder as some email providers flag this.

Can you double check and confirm?

Mohammed
Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your reply.

Nothing in my spam folder.

This is actually the second time I ordered the SIM card from ID mobile and nothing happened. When I ring the cutomer serivce - they do not know what happened and I'm told to call later (?!?!)

I went with a different service provider now.

Thanks,
Kama

Hi Kama,

That is unfortunate to hear. An order would only be cancelled if you have failed an internal security check or if the credit check had not been successful.

Ryan

That is “wrong.” I ordered SIM card 8 days ago and it still has not arrived. Direct Debit had been set up. I have tried and tried to confirm one way or another that said card had been sent. No luck there. So Ryan is it possible for you, as this seem to be the only person available, to cancel my plan with ID mobile account number 12195605. I am well within the 14 days to change my mind as order took place on 24th September. AND I PROMISE I WILL NOT BOTHER ID MOBILE AGAIN. I have just cancelled dd with bank. Thank you. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @David Gray, in your case, it just sounds like the SIM was lost in the post, as the order has gone through. If you wish to cancel the line, you can do so within the iD Mobile app. Simply go to My account > Manage my plan > End my plan.

Alternatively, if you’d still like to receive the SIM, you can contact our Live Chat team who’ll be happy to send a replacement out. 

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory, 

Thank you for your reply. Sadly it was too late. I have now cancelled my order/contract with ID and gone to another provider.

The aggro for customers not being able to properly talk to ID is difficult for some, including me. I went to another provider
personally and it was all sorted out immediately. Well worth paying a little extra.

From the comments you are receiving  it is obvious many are not getting their sim.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @David Gray,

We’re sad to see you have chosen to leave, but appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi, I received a email on Wednesday saying my order is on its way and it will arrive within 3 working days. I haven’t received it. I did have a different delivery address to billing but I filled all that out correctly. I did pass the credit check also. I received emails to say my first bill is ready but I still haven’t even received it yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sarahxo,

SIM card deliveries taker 2-3 days to arrive, in the case of a delay with Royal Mail it can take an extra day or two.

Has the SIM card since arrived? If not, we’ll reach out to you and send you a replacement. Let us know.

Mohammed

I placed my order for a new SIM on Tuesday 10/11/20 at 14:55 and it has still not arrived despite suggesting Royal Mail took between 3-5 days! I have received various emails from ID Mobile including, and what I am really disappointed about, the bill date has started from the date of order, NOT the date of “activation of SIM” as in after receiving the SIM and using it in my phone.

This seems an easy and obvious oversight as effectively ID mobile is charging for the days you haven’t even received your SIM yet!

Can this be looked into? Fixed?

Can the bill start date be adjusted?

Why is ID mobile issuing a bill with a start date when the SIM is not, and obviously could not possibly be available to use yet? There seems to be no consideration made for charging customers only when a SIM has been delivered and available to use. Not even setting the bill start date 2-3 days after the order which is the predicted time of delivery; no, the bill start date is literally from the date of order!

Please advise by return. 

Also very frustrated at not being able to contact anyone to speak to. The Live Chat is useless as I only get Chat Bot whose responses are totally useless to my question. Where are the live staff? :rage:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @andybow7,

Sorry to hear you’ve not yet received your SIM.

In answer to the billing part, we can’t remotely activate a new contract connection, so this is done on dispatch.

I’m aware Royal Mail has had delays (Also affected many of my own personal deliveries too) due to Coronavirus and the festive season.

I’ll drop you a PM now so we can issue a replacement and see if we can send this via DPD instead.

Mohammed

I ordered a sim from ID mobile last Wednesday and I have read on their website that it only takes from 2-3 working days for the sim to arrive however it’s been over week and my sim isn’t here. Once I ordered I didn’t receive a confirmation email with a tracking number. However £0.01 was taken out of my bank account. I’m very appalled with ID mobiles costumer service. And I need my sim urgently so hope you can help. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Alyina 

I’m sorry to hear that your new SIM card has failed to arrive, we’ll send you a PM and arrange for a replacement SIM card to be sent out to you.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Michelle 

Hello ID,

I have ordered a SIM card on the 20 of January but it still hasn't arrived (one weeks now)..
Could you please check if the SIM card has been posted?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Thanhvanhoang,

I’ve sent you a PM so we can take a look at the delivery of this.

Most likely will be a delay.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?