Solved

Failed delivery of upgrade - still being charged - how can I cancel?

• 14 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Dear Kevin I hope you see this as I couldn't work out how to reply to your message. I have spoken with several live chat people who have not been helpful. Carphone warehouse have asked for a search with DPD but I have to contact them in 3 days to find out the outcome as they can not contact me due to security measures?!?! I have no phone and no phone connection. I have had no support from id mobile to resolve this issue and feel that the response has very much been there's nothing we are going to do to resolve this poor service you have received, you have to go to a carphone warehouse store (it's an hour round trip for me to do this plus I'm in an area that is restricted due to rising covid rates). Why should I? I have already spent over 5 hours trying to sort this issue out. So I have cancelled my direct debit as I'm not paying for a service that I can't access. Also I no longer want id mobile to be my phone provider and want to cancel my contract and upgrade phone - though no idea where that is. If you want to contact me privately this will have to be via email - my address is on my acct as I have no phone.  I'm sure someone will be on touch once my direct debit doesn't come through next month though!

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 14 August 2020, 13:15

View original

4 replies

I have upgraded and my phone has gone missing whilst with DPD delivery - should have been delivered 10 August, last scanned at did on 10 August and they can't tell me where it is. The sim has been activated and my own SIM deactivated. I have no phone connection. DPD have directed me back to carphone warehouse - I am waiting for reply. Id mobile live chat was not helpful at all yesterday. I can not get hold of anyone to speak to at id mobile or carphone warehouse apparently because of covid - surely this should have been resolved in respect of implementing social distancing in workplace to provide customer service by now. I am completely dissatisfied with the service I have been offered, am no closer to finding out what has happened to my phone and am concerned it has been stolen. I intend not to pay my bill for a service that I can not use where I have received no support to resolve the issues that are nothing to do with me. I would like to make a formal complaint. Please can someone advise how I do this. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re terribly sorry to hear what’s happened @Pipi J 

Was the order originally placed through iD Mobile -or- through Carphone Warehouse?

If it was through us, we’ll reach out via private message here and help further with this.  If it was Carphone Warehouse, then please contact their Social Media Teams or their Customer Services Live Chat through the Carphone Warehouse website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Pipi J,

We’re not dealing with support via email anymore so we won’t be able to do that, however, We’ll get someone to private message you here and pick this up with you there. We can then look into any issues you’re facing.

Please check your private messages: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

You will find the contact there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We’ve also merged the topics together so it’s all in once place now.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?