My delivery hasn’t arrived. What should I do?

• 14 January 2019
  • 52 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

If you’ve ordered a product from us and it hasn’t arrived yet, don’t panic! Go through the following 3 steps, and you should be able to get things sorted:

1. Check when to expect your delivery

First things first, is your delivery actually late? Here’s a rundown of when you should expect it to arrive:

For phones & tablets

We offer FREE next day delivery on all our phones and tablets, so you won’t have to wait too long. Result! As long as you order before 5pm (Monday-Thursday) you'll get it the very next day, free of charge. This handy table will give you more details.

For SIM cards

If you've ordered a SIM card (SIM Only or Data Only), it usually takes Royal Mail no more than three working days to deliver.

2. Check if they tried to deliver

Do you think the delivery company might have turned up at your door when you were out? Okay, then here’s what you should do:

For Phones and Tablets

If you're not at home when DPD arrives with your order, they'll leave a card to let you know they tried to deliver. Call the number on the card to arrange another delivery time.

If you don't call DPD, they'll try to deliver your order on the next working day. If you're still not at home, they'll try a third time, on the following working day.

If you don't pick up your order after the third attempt, DPD will keep it for seven days and then return it to us. We'll then contact you to arrange a redelivery.

For SIM Cards

All SIM cards are delivered by the Royal Mail within 3 working days. They come in an unmarked envelope, and as a result you will not need to be in for it to be delivered.

3. If your product definitely hasn’t been delivered, here’s what to do…

For Phones and Tablets

If you’ve ordered a phone or tablet that’s being delivered by DPD, you can easily track it. Got your order reference number handy? Great – just follow this link. If you need more help, you will need to contact DPD here.

For SIM cards

If you’ve ordered a SIM card, the Royal Mail will be delivering it. As we mentioned above, it usually takes them no longer than 2-3 working days to deliver. If you haven’t received anything after 4 working days, call us on 0333 003 7777 and we will look into the issue for you.

Got a question on any of the above? Then post a reply below, and we’ll see if someone can answer it.

52 replies

Userlevel 1

It’s been 3 days and I haven’t received my SIM for my new SIM only deal yet. I don’t expect the SIM to be delivered any time soon as with the coronavirus lockdown Royal Mail has delays in deliveries. What I am disappointed about, however, is that the bill date has started from the date of order, NOT the date of “activation of SIM” as in after receiving the SIM and using it in my phone.

This seems an easy and obvious oversight as effectively ID mobile is charging for the days you haven’t even received your SIM yet.

Can this be looked into? Fixed?

Can the bill start date be adjusted?

Edit: Why is ID mobile issuing a bill with a start date when the SIM is not, and obviously could not possibly be available to use yet? There seems to be no consideration made for charging customers only when a SIM has been delivered and available to use. Not even setting the bill start date 2-3 days after the order which is the predicted time of delivery; no, the bill start date is literally from the date of order!

Addiitonally, since ID mobile sends your new ID mobile number by email, some people may use the online number transfer form with their PAC code to transfer their current number before receiving the new SIM and if the transfer completes before you receive the new ID mobile SIM in the post, your current SIM and number will stop working. Effectively, your number will be stuck in the post.

Maybe ID mobile should not allow a number transfer before a new SIM is activated.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @Viz57 , I’ll send you a PM now so that you can get in touch with someone to discuss your SIM and account.

Cheers,

Will

How to find out if if your was excepted and will be posted

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Nathan Osborne 

Could you confirm when you ordered and if you were given a tracking number?

Aklima

Userlevel 1

I have same problems , its been exactly 1week and i didn't receive nothing but i am getting emails from you to see how i am doing and how my sim works ... i can't call you as i don't have sim ( i wait for this one but i think now is a bad ideea ) . I ordered Tuesday something from ebay and i received yesterday but your sim card no ... i can't get in contact with you with emails or calls or live chat ... to be honest i have a bad experience and i think tomorrow i will go for another network provider who is more fast and more capable to give me a pay monthly contract

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Shadowandrey,

Sorry to hear that.

I’ll send you a PM with how we can resolve this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I received yesterday pm from your colleague and i send on that email address my full details and no reply,  no nothing ... i will wait until tomorrow and if is not comming tell me how i can cancel contract 

Userlevel 1

It’s exactly the same for me. It’s been nearly 2 weeks since ordering the SIM card and it hasn’t arrived. But still my direct debit is due in a few days. So please fix this ASAP, otherwise I see myself forced to cancel and move to a different network provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I received yesterday pm from your colleague and i send on that email address my full details and no reply,  no nothing ... i will wait until tomorrow and if is not comming tell me how i can cancel contract 

Hello @Shadowandrey 

Emails take up to 72-hours, it’s not a Live Chat service so please allow us sometime to respond. I understand you’re already frustruated with having to wait.

It’s exactly the same for me. It’s been nearly 2 weeks since ordering the SIM card and it hasn’t arrived. But still my direct debit is due in a few days. So please fix this ASAP, otherwise I see myself forced to cancel and move to a different network provider.

I’ll also send you a PM @Lassmiranda 

Mohammed

I ordered a SIM card for my 78 year old mother on May 5th so we can keep in touch during the pandemic.  Originator Identification Number : 298372
Reference Number : 12111989/001

The card has not arrived, but I have had the letter asking me how my first week has gone and you are taking the DD.  This needs sorting out urgently, and I expect to be refunded for the month you have charged me without providing me with anything.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @MarIanHunter 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.  

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Hi Pearl,  I have been on the live Chat page for hours today and nothing comes up.  I desperately need this SIM card for my elderly mother.  If I do not get a useful response by tomorrow I will cancel the DD and source one somewhere else.

Mark

Nothing heard from I.D.  I have cancelled the DD and will source a SIM card somewhere else.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @MarIanHunter 

I’m sorry to see this post was not responded to.

Unfortunately, we are unable to issue you a SIM from this platform.

You will need to contact our Live chat, so they can view your account and send you a replacement SIM. 

Thanks, 

Pearl

I ordered a SIM on 6th June 2020 and it’s now 13th June 2020 and it hasn’t arrived.  I tried phoning the 0333 number listed above and it says that due to Covid it is unmanned.  Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Sharon

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @ladybaillie 

We’ve PM’d you to get some details so we can help further with this.

Hello,

I have contacted you several time about this matter.  Live Chat is not responding and I cannot spend hours waiting for someone to respond.

I NEVER RECEIVED A SIM CARD FROM YOU, SO I CANCELLED MY DIRECT DEBIT AND WILL NOT BE PAYING.

It is literally impossible to contact you on your support lines 'due to corona virus'.  I have written, emailed and tried to call numerous times.  

I have sourced a deal from SKY who had a card to me in less than 24 hours.  You took the first DD for £9.00 from my account which a expect to be refunded.

WE DO NOT HAVE A CONTRACT AS YOU DID NOT FULFIL YOUR PART OF THE DEAL BY SUPPLYING A SIM CARD.

For the avoidance of doubt, we do not have a contract, I have not received a SIM card from you and I will not be renewing a Direct Debit for a service I have not received.

Mark

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @MarIanHunter, really sorry to hear your SIM never arrived, and the issues you’ve faced trying to cancel the contract. We’ll have someone from the team drop you a private message shortly in order to get this sorted for you.

Thank you,

Rory

I ordered a SIM on 18th June and it’s not arrived yet.

Thank you

Trevor

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Trogdor, sorry to hear your SIM hasn’t arrived yet. The Live Chat team can take a look into your order.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, make sure you’re logged into your account, and then scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Hello, 

I placed an order for a mobile phone last week, they sent me an email that there might be some wrong information that they need to double check and someone will call me. 

No one has called and the information from banking to address was all correct. I’m an existing customer with ID Mobile and was looking to get my wife transferred too. But this experience has let me down. 

Please can you look into this? @Rory @iD Mobile @iD Support 

I did a live chat and a replacement SIM was sent, but not the Carphone Warehouse receipt, the transaction number from the receipt is needed to transfer over my old number.

I have tried live chat but they cannot access anyone’s accounts.

It’s been three weeks since I ordered the SIM card and I still cannot use the service after 3+ hours spent on live chats.

I am about to give up on IDMobile and actively demote the network where I can because this is totally unacceptable. I think you’ll find it’s illegal to charge for a service which is inaccessible, at the very least it is very poor customer service.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Nawaz_wassss, sorry to hear about the issues with your order. Could you please contact our Sales Team on 0800 049 0250?

@Trogdor Sorry to hear about this. I’m not sure why the transaction number would be needed to transfer the old number? Can I ask who advised you of this? It should just be a case of submitting your PAC in the iD Mobile app.

Thank you,

Rory

@Rory see here: https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/

I tried another live chat and was told to register on the website, which I couldn’t do because the SIM was not registering on the network and therefore could not receive the txt verification.

This was sorted out by the agent and I have now been pointed at another web form in the account area to move the number which I’ll try next week.

You really need to work on your on-boarding user journey, it’s shocking at the moment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Trogdor, I’ve just dropped you a private message so we’ll take it from there.

Thank you,

Rory