Question

No delivery and cancellation not possible, what to do????

• 29 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

Decided to share my situation here to see if any other members ever had something similar and also to see if anyone from ID complaints team actually does anything because up until now the support has been a joke.

18 days ago (11th July) I did an upgrade online, including new phone and new monthly plan. Delivery was scheduled for 2 days later, because upgrade was done on a Saturday. Received an email confirming delivery for the 13th (dpd)… excitement, new phone arriving!!! :grinning:

13th passed and nothing. Checked the online track provided by dpd and it mentioned that parcel was already at my local depot. Decided to wait 1 more day because in current situation we know things might take a little longer. :neutral_face:

On the 14th, nothing. Online tracker still mentioned that parcel was at the local depot. At this point I used the online chat with dpd to see what was going on. They said that because it had been more than 24h since the parcel was last scanned an investigation had to be opened but only the sender could request that.

This is when I contacted ID support for the first time, via live chat. After 2 hours on the chat (yes, TWO HOURS!!!!!) and 2 different agents I was finally able to get confirmation that a request for investigation had been opened. At this point the agent told me that I could now check back with dpd for follow up. Thought this was strange because if only the sender could ask for investigation then one would assume that results of investigation would also only be shared with sender. I even asked the agent to confirm if he was sure of that and the answer was “I have raised complaint on our end but you will need to contact DPD”. Ok, in my good faith I thought he knew what he was doing. :thinking:

On the 15th I contacted dpd again, via live chat, mentioning the situation and was now looking for confirmation that an investigation had been requested and if there was any update. GUESS WAHT???? “I am sorry but as your sender has an account with us all the updates related to your parcel is only shared with your sender. I am once again sorry but I request you to please inform your sender to contact us for further actions.” :confounded:

Still on the 15th I went on to my second contact with ID, via live chat, explained the entire situation again, to finally have the agent tell me that the complaints team would be in contact it me. At least this time the agent was correct because I did receive an email from the complaints team that same day. They basically said they were aware of the situation and there was already an investigation request with dpd and I would need to wait 5 working days for dpd to get back to them with the results. Not great news but at least I had official confirmation from ID that something was being done. :rolling_eyes:

Moving forward to the 21st, last day of the given deadline, nothing. Sent an email to the complaints team asking for feedback but no answer. Sent another one on the 23rd and nothing…..at all…..still waiting for an answer . :sleeping:

After that i already used the live chat 3 more times and the answers are always the same:

“I'm sorry unfortunately i can not give you a solution at this moment, i have also escalated the issue with the complaints team to find out what is happening.”

“I'm sorry i can not speed up the investigation.”

“I’m really sorry for this happening .I have escalated this now as you were not contacted to be advised we still checking into the matter .“

Whilst all of this is going on, the cherry on top is that ID already started to charge me for the new upgraded phone/plan. :money_mouth:

I appreciate ID might still be waiting for dpd to come up with results but ultimately I’m buying a product/service from ID, not dpd. I think 2 weeks is more than enough time for ID to find an alternative solution. The most aggravating thing is the radio silence from the complaints team. No follow up at all. Although the agents on the live chat might not always be the best alt least they are there talking with you while you vent. :triumph:

Somewhere along this saga I decided that would no longer be interested in the upgrade and all I wanted was to cancel it and move my number to another provider, but guess what the answer was on the live chat?!?!?!?!?

“I'm not able to cancel the upgrade as this is being investigated.” :rage:

What to do from here?

NMSA

2 replies

Hi everyone,

Decided to share my situation here to see if any other members ever had something similar and also to see if anyone from ID complaints team actually does anything because up until now the support has been a joke.

18 days ago (11th July) I did an upgrade online, including new phone and new monthly plan. Delivery was scheduled for 2 days later, because upgrade was done on a Saturday. Received an email confirming delivery for the 13th (dpd)… excitement, new phone arriving!!! :grinning:

13th passed and nothing. Checked the online track provided by dpd and it mentioned that parcel was already at my local depot. Decided to wait 1 more day because in current situation we know things might take a little longer. :neutral_face:

On the 14th, nothing. Online tracker still mentioned that parcel was at the local depot. At this point I used the online chat with dpd to see what was going on. They said that because it had been more than 24h since the parcel was last scanned an investigation had to be opened but only the sender could request that.

This is when I contacted ID support for the first time, via live chat. After 2 hours on the chat (yes, TWO HOURS!!!!!) and 2 different agents I was finally able to get confirmation that a request for investigation had been opened. At this point the agent told me that I could now check back with dpd for follow up. Thought this was strange because if only the sender could ask for investigation then one would assume that results of investigation would also only be shared with sender. I even asked the agent to confirm if he was sure of that and the answer was I have raised complaint on our end but you will need to contact DPD”. Ok, in my good faith I thought he knew what he was doing. :thinking:

On the 15th I contacted dpd again, via live chat, mentioning the situation and was now looking for confirmation that an investigation had been requested and if there was any update. GUESS WAHT???? I am sorry but as your sender has an account with us all the updates related to your parcel is only shared with your sender. I am once again sorry but I request you to please inform your sender to contact us for further actions. :confounded:

Still on the 15th I went on to my second contact with ID, via live chat, explained the entire situation again, to finally have the agent tell me that the complaints team would be in contact it me. At least this time the agent was correct because I did receive an email from the complaints team that same day. They basically said they were aware of the situation and there was already an investigation request with dpd and I would need to wait 5 working days for dpd to get back to them with the results. Not great news but at least I had official confirmation from ID that something was being done. :rolling_eyes:

Moving forward to the 21st, last day of the given deadline, nothing. Sent an email to the complaints team asking for feedback but no answer. Sent another one on the 23rd and nothing…..at all…..still waiting for an answer . :sleeping:

After that i already used the live chat 3 more times and the answers are always the same:

“I'm sorry unfortunately i can not give you a solution at this moment, i have also escalated the issue with the complaints team to find out what is happening.”

“I'm sorry i can not speed up the investigation.”

“I’m really sorry for this happening .I have escalated this now as you were not contacted to be advised we still checking into the matter .“

Whilst all of this is going on, the cherry on top is that ID already started to charge me for the new upgraded phone/plan. :money_mouth:

I appreciate ID might still be waiting for dpd to come up with results but ultimately I’m buying a product/service from ID, not dpd. I think 2 weeks is more than enough time for ID to find an alternative solution. The most aggravating thing is the radio silence from the complaints team. No follow up at all. Although the agents on the live chat might not always be the best alt least they are there talking with you while you vent. :triumph:

Somewhere along this saga I decided that would no longer be interested in the upgrade and all I wanted was to cancel it and move my number to another provider, but guess what the answer was on the live chat?!?!?!?!?

“I'm not able to cancel the upgrade as this is being investigated.” :rage:

Stay safe everyone,

NMSA

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

First off @NMSA We’re terribly sorry for how long this ordeal has gone on to this point.

We’ll ensure you face no charges here and we’ll take on this matter from our side and provide you with updates here on the situation.  If you do wish to cancel due to this (instead of potentially a replacement) then we can assist with that too.

In order to help further though, we’ll need to send you a private message and take some further details there.

Why iD Mobile?