Question

Sim activation - Coronavirus

• 29 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I completely understand the measures that ID Mobile have taken in light of the situation, however, will some form of helpline or live chat be made available soon?

I was advised over the telephone to call back once new sim card has arrived (old phone stolen), but I cannot activate the sim and transfer the number without assistance. 

Really keen to get this resolved so that I can stay in contact with family members.

Thanks for all of your help.

Best wishes,

Danny

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Danny,  you can activate your new sim online or on the iD app. 

This link should help you get everything sorted:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/sim-swap?_ga=2.130405775.1258632037.1585558058-1274724972.1581503393

Hope this helps.  Stay safe!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @danny-w 

Please accept our apologies for not having the ideal contact methods available during this challenging time.

Have a look at here at our Activating Your New SIM FAQ and here for how to port your number to us, hopefully the answer to your query is there.

Hope this helps. 

Rich C

_

Has my post answered your query? Then please mark it as answered so others can benefit.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @danny-w 

If the old SIM was marked as Lost/ Stolen.  Then it’s likely that a suspension is active on your account that could be preventing the usage on your account (even on a newly activated SIM).

Currently speaking, the best way to get in touch during these difficult times is to contact our Social Media Team through Facebook or Twitter.

Why iD Mobile?