Question

SIM card not arrived but got first bill

• 4 April 2020
  • 3 replies

I ordered a SIM card on 26th March but it has not yet arrived.  I have already received my first bill and I am concerned that I am paying for something that I have not started using yet.

Please advise, thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

HI @Noonoo 

Sorry to hear your SIM card has not yet arrived, unfortunately there have been delays on the Royal Mail side of deliveries due to the ongoing situation.

In regards to already receiving a bill - As with most networks, we bill your monthly line rental in advance. This means that you pay for the inclusive services you receive for the month ahead. 

Understandably this is not ideal, I have passed this query on and you should hear from us within the next 48 hours.

Kind regards,

Richard C

Userlevel 1

“In regards to already receiving a bill - As with most networks, we bill your monthly line rental in advance. This means that you pay for the inclusive services you receive for the month ahead.”

This statement is redundant as it does not address the issue since the customer has NOT RECEIVED the service yet to be charged for it ahead. Effectively, ID mobile is charging for for the few days customer has not received the service yet. Shouldn’t bill start dates be from the date of activation of SIM?

Why isn’t this being addressed after so many post here of users saying they haven’t received their SIM?

Why does ID mobile set a bill start date before a SIM is, or could possibly be, available to use?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I’ve dropped you a PM now @Viz57 

Cheers,

Will

Why iD Mobile?