Solved

Faulty p30 lite handset

• 14 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have only had this handset for around 5 weeks and I keep having to restart handset if I want to make a call because no one can hear me speak when I call them what can I do? 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 16 October 2020, 14:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Handset was a upgrade from ID mobile so surely it is covered by some kind of warranty 

Userlevel 1

How long do people have to wait for assistance? I am starting to think that once a contract as been taken out that's it and there is nobody to assist with people's problems 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mrjezstubbs,

Sorry to hear that.

Please allow up to 48-hours for a reply.

I’ll send you a PM now so we can look into this further as it’s not something we can pick up publicly and will require us to access your account.

Mohammed

When I ring people the sound of my voice is getting louder and quietened. I've had the phone over a year so probably no help from ID on the subject. 

When I ring people the sound of my voice is getting louder and quietened. I've had the phone over a year so probably no help from ID on the subject. 

So the ID community cannot give an answer to my question. That is is really unhelpful when it comes to sorting out a problem. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @wonkystonky

Generally speaking we get back to people here between 1-2 days.  So by no means were you being ignored.

You can see this was mentioned earlier by Mohammed.

Live Chat are generally the place to go if you need help more urgently.

Anyway.  What phone is it you have?  See, providing it’s not physically damaged, and not an Apple phone.  Then you should be covered under your manufacturer’s warranty.  Apple only offer a 12-month warranty on their devices, so that is why I singled them out.

If you’re still under warranty, just take your phone in to a local Carphone Warehouse (within a Currys Pc World) and you’ll be able to get the phone sent off for repair through them.

Yes I tried the live chat and it said it was busy and unavailable. I've never used ID community and so I didn't know I had to wait 1-2 days for someone to ask me what phone I own. In past experience of trying solve phone problems I get asked a thousand questions and so if it takes me 2 days to reply, and you 2 days to ask another question this should be sorted in 3 years. Gosh it will be like having a pen pal I never new I needed. 

Huawei P30 lite. 

Cheers mark 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes I tried the live chat and it said it was busy and unavailable. I've never used ID community and so I didn't know I had to wait 2-3 days for someone to ask me what phone I own. In past experience of trying solve phone problems I get asked a thousand questions and so if it takes me 2 days to reply, and you 2 days to ask another question this should be sorted in 3 years. Gosh it will be like having a pen pal I never new I needed. 

Huawei P30 lite. 

Cheers mark 

Hello @wonkystonky,

Huawei handsets come with a 24-month warranty.

In this case, having had it for a year, you’d still have another 12-months or so on the warranty.

Please visit your local Carphone Warehouse store as advised for a member of staff to take a look at this further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?