Solved

Faulty phone

• 31 January 2021
  • 11 replies

I received a new iPhone 11 2 days ago. The microphone isn’t working. Apple support ran diagnostic and found it’s a hardware issue. iD customer service has been horrendous to get hold of!

How do I get this fixed?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 12 February 2021, 18:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @nicoleCS,

We are sorry to hear about that issue, as the phone has gone faulty so soon we will need to look at a return/exchange.

We will send you a PM now to help further.

Ryan

I upgraded my contract in November with new phone but now I'm having tech problems with it. Won't do the latest update keeps failing and turning off and just sticking on start up screen for ages 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That’s strange @Lianna88.

Once it’s finished on the start up screen, is there any error message regarding the failure to update? What’s the make and model of it?

Will

After saying yes to installing the update it seems to do the update but then at the end of the update says failed to complete 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Lianna88 

Please can you confirm the make and model of phone you are using?

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

It's a samsung a41

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thank you for confirming @Lianna88 

How much internal storage free space do you have?

You can check this by following the below steps:

• From the home screen, choose Apps or swipe up to access your apps.
  • Choose Settings.
  • Choose Device maintenance or Device care. ...
  • Choose Storage (you may need to scroll down a little)
  • This will now show you how much storage you have left on your device

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

5.7g left 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Lianna88 

Please can you ensure that you are doing the update when connected to Wi-Fi and ensure your battery is above 50% when doing this. 

-Mohsin

Yes made sure of that. Freed up some space so 10GB storage left has now managed to do the update but phone is still running very slowly. Messages and notifications taking a lot longer than normal to come through and sending them. Apps very slow the phone has been fine up until this update 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Lianna88, that can often be the case for a few days when a brand new update has been installed. Have you tried powering down the handset for 10 minutes?

Will

Why iD Mobile?