Solved

Fraud accounts created using my address

• 29 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I am not an ID mobile customer but I have received two different letters with two different sims for two different people who have never lived in my address. Could you please help me how to report this to get these accounts cancelled?

icon

Best answer by Kevin 4 December 2020, 20:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there Mony.

Are these SIM’s you’ve received in someone else’s name completely?  If so, simply dispose of those.  It sounds as though someone has made a typo when placing an order, possibly someone further up your street with a number wrong on the address they entered online.

The customers of those will no doubt get in touch directly to let us know their order did not arrive and we’ll take care of the rest from there.

It would only be something to consider as fraud if it’s looking as though someone has placed an order in your own name.

Thank you so much for your advice, but I still need to make sure that ID mobile suspend the account for fraud investigation as it could be used as a proof of address while the person doesn’t even live in this address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mony,

Unless the accounts have been taken out in your name, then you would not be liable for any purchase regarding this.

We can’t amend the address on an account.

If you receive further contact, let us know, however, it does not appear to be a fraudulent purchase here.

Mohammed

Thank you for your reply. I believe the accounts have been cancelled already. If I receive any further contact, I’ll definitely report it.

Hello @Mony,

Unless the accounts have been taken out in your name, then you would not be liable for any purchase regarding this.

If you receive further contact, let us know, however, it does not appear to be a fraudulent purchase here.

Mohammed

Hello @Mony,

Mohammed

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thank you for confirming @Mony 

If you do require any further help, please do get back in contact with us 

Why iD Mobile?