Question

I am being sent a new SIM, that I never requested - for the third time

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know what is happening?

I get a message via text saying ”Good news! Your new SIM card is now in the process of being activated..“

But I do not have a new SIM card and I never requested one.

This happened about three months ago and I lost my account connection for three days waiting for the SIM card that I never asked for, to arrive.

When I complained, they just did the same thing all over again so I had to wait for ANOTHER card. (Let’s ignore the fact they said I could go to Carphone Warehouse and they’d fix it all for me.. which I did.. but it fixed nothing).

It cost me £15 pounds in usage charges when it was 100% ID Mobile’s fault but they refused to listen to my complaint.

No one seems to know why I keep being sent new SIMS.
This is madness as I know my phone will be without a connection in a few hours.

HELP!
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING ???????
How do I make it stop happening?

...AND MY PHONE HAS JUST GONE TO EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY. Why ? Why? Why?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 1

Anyone from ID mobile care to comment???

This morning phone now shows “SIM NOT PROVISIONED FOR VOICE”

I took the SIM OUT, cleaned it, put it back, restarted the phone, no change.

Last time they told me they cannot modify a SIM remotely.

Is the phone faulty?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @mogadon,

That sounds frustrating. Are you PAYG or pay monthly?

What have you been doing with these new (unrequested) SIM cards? 

Userlevel 1

Pay monthly

First I would get the stupid “Good News. We have sent a new SIM” message and old card goes inactive
Then the new card that arrived two days later would work for a day or two

Then I would get the stupid “Good News. We have sent a new SIM” message again.
Then the new card that arrived two days later would work for a bit

On third atttempt card worked... until yesterday.

Phone is not thrown around or mistreated. I don’t even use it much.

As for the online help ID Mobile proivde, it’s a lesson in frustration, it takes about 45 minutes just to get to a simple bit of communication.. and they can’t fix anything either.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @mogadon, so your latest replacement SIM has also stopped working properly?

Have you tried the SIM in another phone - doing this will help determine if the SIM or phone is the issue here.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

I don’t have another phone to try.

I think random “Please send me a new SIM” messages are being sent by the App.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @mogadon,

We’re sorry to hear about what has happened here. It is a very strange issue, and we’ll look into this further. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Please be aware that replies to public posts and private messages are not instant and there may be a 24 to 48 hour wait for a response. Using our Live Chat service here is a quicker way to obtain support.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Yes, but using your private communication channel is hell on earth. It’s twenty minutes just to log in and fill in this and that and jump through hoops - then type my problem in all over again for the fiftieth time. It’s too late, I’m moving to another supplier.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @mogadon,

You may be referring to the Live Chat service there however we have sent you a message directly to your Community inbox.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Too late. Moved to Leb... you can even talk to a real human being (TM) - amazing!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @mogadon,

We are sorry to see you go.

We do offer human support via the Live Chat Team and the bot should pass you through once some questions have been answered. We can also be contacted through this channel of course, as well as through Facebook and Twitter if you happen to use those platforms.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Yes but logging in and then typing the issue takes so long.. actually getting logged in is glacial.. so many codes to enter. Then the issue never seems to be recorded so on a second contact you have to start all over again.
Talking is infinitely easier, y’know, it’s what humans do.
I still have no explanation as to why my SIM card kept being deactivated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

We’re sorry you feel that way @mogadon, but appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Take care.

Will

Why iD Mobile?