Question

I returned within 14 days, why have I been charged?

• 31 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been sent an email saying I have a balance of 16.18 I would like this to be cleared as I was sold the phone and sim as a package with the impression that I could cancel within 14days without charge. carphone warehouse took the phone back no problem but you have said I owe you 16.18 even though I never took the sim out of the packet. 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You can cancel but you will be charged for any line rental, calls and texts covering the period you had the phone/SIM. Doesn’t matter if you used the service or not, it was made available to you. So, if you received your device on the 1st and returned it on the 7th (under the 14 day cooling off period), a final bill will be generated for the dates 1st - 7th.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Aron Williamson

What @WelshPaul mentions above is pretty much all of it, yes when purchased in-store you’ll be able to return within 14 days under the coverage guarantee you will still be charged for the time you’ve had the contract for.

We understand the SIM card was left in the packet but it’s activated as soon as the order goes through.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Tom

Userlevel 1

Tom, No this did not help and the contract I received has not highlighted any charges for canceled services,  it also explicitly states I won't be charged for canceling and considering I never open the letter I can safely say I also did not use the service,  if you can do nothing then I'll go through ofcome and the ombusmun,  this company is a joke and your won't be taking my money for nothing! 

Userlevel 1

Paul,  your theory of,  doesn't matter if you used the service or not is BS and it does matter as its stated in the contract your scamming company sent to me. Just because no one has don't think no one will,  I won't be paying I will be opening formal complaint procedure. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I don't work for iD Mobile and I don't care if you pay or not. Good Luck with your complaint. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Paul,  your theory of,  doesn't matter if you used the service or not is BS and it does matter as its stated in the contract your scamming company sent to me. Just because no one has don't think no one will,  I won't be paying I will be opening formal complaint procedure. 

Hello @Aron Williamson,

As per the Terms & Conditions you would have agreed to when making the purchase, you are liable for the services from the point of connection until this is returned.

This period would be the days it was active.

Connections are made from when the phone is dispatched for online orders, or when handed to you for click & collect store orders via Carphone Warehouse or orders placed in-store.

You would be liable for this final bill balance. This is regardless of usage.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Mo,  I purchased this phone and sim from carphone warehouse,  the t and c's that came from I'd mobile said there was no charge for cancelling in 14 days and also states there is no up front cost so you tell me what part it is that caused a charge,  because it sounds like your telling me there was an upfront cost..... 

if you state no upfront cost on the contract, then how can you sit there and tell us there is an upfront cost? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Aron Williamson

I’m a little confused where upfront cost was mentioned in my message?

The Terms & Conditions state no charge for cancelling and this refers to the termination fee.

When you agree to a contract, there’s usually a termination fee for cancelling early outside of the returns period.

Returning a contract in the returns period would simply mean no termination fee is applied.

This does not refer to the line rental.

I have not advised about incurring an upfront cost in my message and the word upfront wasn’t mentioned at all. 

The contract is connected as I mentioned above either when dispatched or at the point of sale.

As per our Terms & Conditions:

Section 26. Returns

26.1 “If you made your purchase on idmobile.co.uk or via the iD Mobile telephone sales team, you have 30 days to cancel this Agreement at no cost (other than for Charges incurred under clause 26.5)”

26.5 “26.5 You are liable to pay for any line rental, usage and additional purchases, such as add-ons, accrued up to the point of disconnection. Failure to do this may affect your credit score.”

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?