Question

Moving to ID

Userlevel 2

Contemplating purchase of Xperia 5ii with 20gb, best price on the market just now. However, noticed via trust pilot website quite a few negative reviews particularly in regards to customer services. Seeking opinions from existing customers for confirmation please? 

This topic has been closed for comments

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Newcustomer,

I can understand your un-ease here.

If you look at other Trustpilot pages for mobile networks, you’ll often see the same. I won’t name any but you can find them on the internet.

The reason for this is a customer is more likely to take time out to leave a negative review from an experience then they are likely to for a positive one. 

We have tonnes of reviews which are positive as well and have worked hard to improve our score and by offering solutions where we can for issues that affect many customers.

Our network has improved drastically since we first began and offer:

Competitive SIM-only deals

Data rollover on all accounts

Inclusive Roaming (subject to Brexit though)

Capping on all plans

The iD Mobile app/account service that lets you manage, cancel or change your plan at your fingertips.

We’re here as well offering support to customers & sending a PM where personal information is required.

We have plenty of helpful articles also via this platform.

We hope you can give us a chance and if you do have any issues, you can just reply here and we will be more than happy to help.

Time to time things can go wrong but we’ll always work to right any wrongs and fix any issues. We’ve resolved many queries via this platform alone and several thousand more via our Social Media channels.

If there are any questions you have, feel free to ask.

We also offer 30-day returns for any purchase made from iD Mobile directly (14-days if purchased via Carphone Warehouse or any subsidaries).

So if you don’t like the service, you can always return this.

Coverage is subject to each person. You can use the coverage checker on our website for a rough estimate but will know properly once you have the phone in your hands with the SIM.

Hopefully, other customers can chime in, but it’s worth noting, this platform is being used for customer queries currently. 

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

Hi Mohammed, many thanks for response, without doubt your current offer for Xperia 5ii 20gb over 24months is the best I have seen anywhere. I have to contact Virgin to cancel my rolling contract which will attempt at some point today. I will then place order for the Sony. What is lead time for delivery please?

Best regards,

John 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Newcustomer,

In most cases, the delivery of our phones arrive the next day but this depends on when you place your order as seen by the table I have included below.

You can also view further information about our delivery service here.

Ryan

Userlevel 2

Hi Ryan, have just placed new order Ref. 116057474 for new Xperia 5ii 128gb on 20gb data.

Best regards, 

John Lightbody. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

That’s great to hear @Newcustomer! Let us know if you need help with anything further.

Ryan

Userlevel 2

Ryan, how do I change name on this forum from "Newcustomer" please?

John

Userlevel 2

Ryan, received my new phone, many thanks. PAC code transfer done via App. Noted whilst in App that my first debit payment of £31.99 is due 23rd March, despite only having new phone for 12 days? Shouldnt this month be partial monthly debit or first debit be a month after starting i.e 10th April? I will also be partially billed for my old contract as well this month.

Regards,

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Newcustomer,

It’s something we can change for you, providing the name is not taken already on here.

This then becomes the username you type to log in.

What did you want to change this to?

If you upgraded your contract, you’d be billed a pro-rata bill on your next bill which will provide a credit for any line rental charged past your upgrade date and then re-billed for the price you upgraded to.

You can see this on your next bill when it’s produced.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

Hi there, please change name to John Henderson for community access. If this conflicts with my APP sign in, pls leave. I am not an upgraded customer, am a new customer & tbh hadn't expected to pay a full month's debit after just 12 days of having new phone. Had honestly expected it to be one month after starting contract.

John 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @John Henderson, your profile name has been updated for you :)

Don’t worry, your username here is completely separate to the iD app/account service.

Thanks for clarifying that. I’ll explain how this works.

When you join iD Mobile after purchasing a contract, the contract isn’t connected until the phone is dispatched.

Therefore the first bill is produced within 24-hours. 

Every bill charges line rental for the month in advance but isn’t collected until 14-days later.

Let’s take the dates of your post here to work this out.

You advised the order was placed on the 09/03/21.

Based on our delivery time-frames, and the time you made the post (11:53AM) I’d assume you placed it at some point in the morning/day time on the 9th.

Therefore the phone is picked and sent out that evening.

We send phones via DPD so this has next day delivery to most postcodes in mainland UK.

As per your follow-up, you did receive the phone the next day (the 10th).

Your bill will have been produced on the 9th.

This invoice date 09/03/21 will cover line rental for 1 month in advance. So 09/03/21 - 08/04/21. (technically it’s up until 07/04/21 23:59PM)

You’ll have the phone to use by the 10th, so effectively it’s just short of 1 day without the phone. But this is how other UK networks function also. (unless collecting from store, where it’s usually connected in-store and given that day).

Your next bill will then be produced on the 08/04/21. This will cover line rental from the 08/04/21 - 07/05/21 a month in advance.

This will continue to repeat during your time on the contract.

So your bills are produced on the 8th of each month (which is also when your allowances refresh) and cover line rental till the 7th of next month.

Now Direct Debit payments aren’t collected until 14-days later. So expect your payments to be collected around the 23rd of each month.

This is the way all networks work. You’re not billed as you use it, but rather billed in advance.

All this means is, when you do cancel after your contract has ended and you’ve paid up until your end date, then if you are charged past this point and have disconnected prior, then you’re simply credited back.

Out of plan usage however, or usage in general will always show for the month prior. So on your next bill (08/04/21) you’ll see usage from this month instead (09/03/21 - 08/04/21).

Hope that clarifies this.

It’s genuinely nothing different to how it’s always been for other networks. Whilst i seems like you’re being charged when you’ve not had it, you’re just pre-billed and if you do end up returning, then anything charged past your return is given back to you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

Hi Mohammed, that answer is desertation worthy of a PHD :) many thanks for being so detailed. So, it's basically, you pay in advance. That's no problem buddy, many thanks.

Best regards, 

John Lightbody 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @John Henderson

Glad I was able to answer that so well and thanks for your comments, it’s what I’m known for :grin:

Let us know if you need any further help.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

Cheers Mohammed!

Userlevel 2

Hi Mohammed, just received email which is extremely strange & somewhat annoying, advising a failed a credit check. This is proposterous as have a credit rating to envy & never in my 30 years of marriage have I missed any direct debit payments... Not to mention just about a month ago had delivered a new Sony Xperia 5ii contract myself with ID Mobile, I also earn £30k+ a year, have £33k in savings, mortgage paid off etc. I could transfer money right now to cover these 12 months at just £12 per month!? 

Pls advise where you got information that would halt a measly £12 a month credit? 

Rgds, 

John Lightbody

Userlevel 2

Had further time to think this over & having an order cancelled because don't meet credit requirements I must stress has very much annoyed me. I have never missed or had any late payments in my life. I would like to raise a complaint on how this was carried out, especially considering we are talking about £12 a month for a year!? Every month I stick an easy £1000 into savings... This is nonsense. 

Userlevel 2

I use Clearscore & Experian.

Clearscore have me as Excellent & as per below where they get their data is Experian where I am showing my credit rating at 999 out of 999. Worryingly there is 1 negative influencers & that's been ID Mobile... Please advise with some urgency what ID Mobile have done? 

Userlevel 2

I have contacted Experian, asking what ID Mobile have done to be showing as a negative influencer on my profile. As they rate me at 999 out of 999, I am unsure how I failed any credit criteria with yourselves. I wish to place a formal complaint therefore & request you to take immediate steps required to remove this negative influence from my credit ratings.

What started as a simple sim only deal for a paltry £12 a month results in me failing credit criteria while my household puts £1000 into savings each month is ridiculous. 

Rgds,

John Lightbody. 

Userlevel 2

Please note for clarification. We NO longer seek a new sim only deal from ID Mobile (and if I were able to, would cancel my new Xperia 5 contract as well), rather I am urgently seeking rectification to whatever details you updated when you rejected my credit check which has resulted in a negative influencer on my top credit rating Experian profile. I have already raised issue with Experian, it is beyond me how a 999 out of 999 credit rating with NO negatives or NO missed or late payments of debits, fails a credit check for just £12 a month its truly incredible..…

Rgds,

John 

Userlevel 2

I have had response from Clearscore this morning, they are confused as well as to why an excellent rated credit rating would fail credit criteria for just £12 a month £144 in total!? They advise a hard search was done, which they also advise is very unusual for such a small amount of money! Please urgently address ID Mobile on my credit rating as negative influencer ASAP.

Rgds, 

John 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @John Henderson,

We’ll drop you a private message now to raise that complaint for you and look into what happened with your recent order.

Will

Userlevel 2

Appreciated Will, don't want my credit ratings affected when there is absolutely no issue with it.

I have today made issue free sim only purchase with Smarty. 

John 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No Worries @John Henderson 

We understand your frustration, and will do our best to answer all of your questions and find an amicable resolution to your complaint.

Will

Userlevel 2

That's reassuring to know, thank you. 

Why iD Mobile?