Solved

No SIM card in phone and no plug

• 26 December 2020
  • 5 replies

This is my first contract with ID Mobile. I ordered a phone for my daughter for Christmas and (stupidly!) wrapped it and only opened it on Christmas day. However, there is no SIM card with the phone and no plug (just a charging wire). What are we meant to do when I realise there is also nobody to phone to speak of these issues? We now have a useless phone that we can’t use. Are they meant to send a SIM card and plug? How can I get this resolved ASAP? I have already paid the first months bill and have not even been sent a SIM card! I am very disappointed and need resolution ASAP.

icon

Best answer by NFincn 29 December 2020, 16:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 1

We have had the exact same problem.  I’m finding it incredibly frustrating that there is no-one to actually speak to and from looking at the questions others have posted it takes a very long time for a response!!!!!  Wouldn’t be recommending in the future!!!

We have had the exact same problem.  I’m finding it incredibly frustrating that there is no-one to actually speak to and from looking at the questions others have posted it takes a very long time for a response!!!!!  Wouldn’t be recommending in the future!!!

I got in touch with them through live chat (Google ID mobile live chat). Apparently, Apple don’t send plugs anymore and you have to buy one. They ‘forgot’ to send a SIM and will send in post this week. Not ideal!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @keldac77,

For newer iPhones, this is Apples decision not to include plugs, therefore no error here.

As for the SIM cards, it looks like this was not sent with the order in error.

Glad to hear replacement SIMs are being sent.

@NFincn , I’ve sent a PM to you already so we can get replacement SIM cards issued.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Apologies we found the SIM cards in the packaging - totally forgot to update on here

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @NFincn, 

Glad to hear you found the SIM, and hope your daughter is enjoying her new phone!

It appears as though you may also be receiving a replacement SIM in the post; the SIM you’ll receive won’t be activated, so you can continue to use the SIM you’re currently using. Just pop the replacement SIM in a safe place just in case you need it in the future. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Why iD Mobile?