Solved

Not happy with handset

• 12 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello, I bought a Sim and handset contract about 4 months ago and I am not happy with the device after trying to get to grips with the software. I would like to revert back to iPhone. I am really happy with the service that iD have provided and I don't want to interrupt my SIM service. Is there a way I can swap my handset without changing my plan?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 December 2020, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Hs03012,

Sorry to hear you’re not happy with the handset.

Can you clarify when you say “I bought a Sim and handset contract” how exactly is this broken down as?

1. SIM free handset (where you paid the value of the handset right away) + SIM only plan (that came bundled with the purchase (this is usually via Carphone Warehouse).
  2. You bought the handset from iD Mobile SIM free and then proceeded to buy a separate SIM only plan (similar to above, except there was no bundle)
  3. You bought a 24-month handset contract where you are paying off the handset + SIM plan together

If it’s a/b you’re outside of the returns period so can’t return it but should just be able to sell the phone and purchase a new one.

If it’s c, this is a 24-month contract so cancelling early means you may incur a termination fee. You’ll also be outside of the returns for this.

You could trade-in the handset or sell it, but you’d still be paying the original price of the contract.

So if the contract was £35.00 per month, you’d continue to pay this, even if the handset was sold and you purchased an iPhone.

Mohammed

Mohammed please can you deal with my fraudulent account. This is extremely urgent. I need it closed, cancelled and the payment requests stopped as I have not created this account!!! Please

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Mohammed please can you deal with my fraudulent account. This is extremely urgent. I need it closed, cancelled and the payment requests stopped as I have not created this account!!! Please

Hi there @SianLedwich .

We’ve already sent a private message on the back of one of your other posts.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Why iD Mobile?