Solved

SIM has not arrived

Userlevel 1

I’ve had emails saying my account and billing has been activated, but still no SIM has arrived. Can I have an update on SIM arrival please?

Please can I also have confirmation that my billing will NOT start until my SIM has arrived and been activated.

My old contract with a different network ends by 4th Jan, so need this sorted ASAP so I can transfer my number and an not without mobile coverage.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Michelle 6 January 2021, 13:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

25 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Happy new year.

Hi you can check where is your order.

You can check status of delivery.

During festival time, it takes more time.

Userlevel 1

SIM ordered 6 days ago, 4/6 are posting days, website says it should take 3 days. Hopefully it’ll turn up tomorrow. Just want to be sure I’m not being billed before it arrives and need to be certain it’ll be here + number switched before 4th Jan.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @wasawsoph,

Has your SIM card since arrived?

It can currently take between 3 to 5 working days for a SIM card delivery to happen and due to the Christmas/new year period, this does extend timescales along with any Covid-19 disruptions at local depots.

Ryan

my sim still hasn't been delivered and its been 16 days since I have ordered it the phone has come and I have been billed but I can't even use it 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Remo 

We are sorry to hear your SIM card has not arrived, with your new phone.

We can arrange to send you a new SIM card.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Phone arrived 24/12/20. Sim still not arrived

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ZoeF73,

That’s odd.

The SIM card should be with the phone.

We’ll PM you so we can get a replacement sent out.

Mohammed

HI, Mohammed,

I’m not sure how this works but I am in the same situation - my account is activated and I have been charged, but no SIM card has arrived since 30/12/2020. I know Royal Mail are struggling but this is beyond 2-3 days.

I am trying to use my PAC to keep my number but cannot submit a request without this sim. Can it be confirmed that it HAS been ordered and sent out?

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. I tried the live chat but although the bot tries to pass me on, there is NEVER anyone online to take it.

Userlevel 1

My sim card has also not arrived. I ordered it on 30th Dec and now its 7th Jan. Is there an estimate of when it will arrive? 

Natalie

My sim card has also not arrived. I ordered it on 30th Dec and now its 7th Jan. Is there an estimate of when it will arrive? 

Natalie

I ordered mine 6 days ago,i am still waiting for its arrival,  I have no network, I’m without a phone until it arrives.

Ordered SIM card on 7 December, still not arrived by Christmas so cancelled direct debit. Now being sent letters demanding £8 payment. Have not used service as SIM card not provided. Have now gone with another provider. How to stop letters demanding payment for service not received? 

Userlevel 1

Today I received a letter in the post from ID that was sent on 4th. Suggesting that royal mail is not the problem. Has the sim even been sent I wonder?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @stevedebski 

We are sorry to hear your sim card did not arrive. We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Nataliescotland 

We are sorry to hear your Simcard has not arrived as of yet. We will send you a Private Message now so we can look into this.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Nigel Steel 

We are sorry to hear your sim card has not arrived. This should have been sent with the phone. We will send you a Prviate Message so we can look into this.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @janefarrarjuba 

Canceling the Direct Debit would only mean you’ve switched to the option of paying your bills manually now. We are sorry to hear you did not receive the sim card, however, canceling the direct debit would not have canceled the sim contract you purchased.

We would advise making these payments as soon as possible as this will affect your credit report and will show as missed payments. Once you have paid for this, you can request to cancel the sim.

-Mohsin

How do I pay the £8 manually and how do I cancel the sim contract? 

Hi @Nigel Steel 

We are sorry to hear your sim card has not arrived. This should have been sent with the phone. We will send you a Prviate Message so we can look into this.

-Mohsin

As far as I’m concerned my contract has not started yet as I haven’t activated the sim, so if it doesn’t come tomorrow I may cancel my direct debit. I haven’t purchased a phone it’s a sim only deal.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Nigel Steel 

The sim is activated when it is despatched.  Cancelling the Direct Debit would only mean you’ve switched to the option of paying your bills manually now so we would advise against that. My colleague is awaiting your reply so they can look into this for you further.

-Mohsin

Moshin - please advise how I can cancel the SIM card contract. Jane

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @janefarrarjuba 

In order to disconnect an account, we do require a 30-day notice. If disconnection notice has not been given then the account would remain active and you would be charged the monthly line rental. 

The easiest way to cancel your contract is with the iD Mobile app or My Account online.

Simply log in, go to the 'My account' page, and on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'.

You'll then be taken through the cancellation process.

-Mohsin

I can’t create an account as it sends a verification number to the SIM card phone number I can’t access. How can I cancel without access to ‘my account’?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Nataliescotland 

We are sorry to hear your Simcard has not arrived as of yet. We will send you a Private Message now so we can look into this.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @janefarrarjuba,

We’ll drop you a private message now to assist you with this.

Please click here to access your inbox.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Nataliescotland ​​​​,

We’re still waiting for a reply to the PM we sent you.

Will

Why iD Mobile?