Question

wrong phone has been delivered

Phone arrived today but was a Google phone not an iPhone. Need to know who to contact to get this sorted

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Where did you purchased the phone?

From the ID mobile website

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try calling the telephone sales team on 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours.

Have your order number handy when you call.

Otherwise, use the online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 2

The live chat, i find is super helpful, once you get past the AI chatbot 🤖. https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat The blue button pops up after 3 secs.

Well called the number and they couldn't help. Can't get through to speak to someone. Thinking of raising a return but as the wrong phone was delivered the paperwork isn't going to match what phone will be returned.  Very disappointed with this customer service.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s really shabby service all round from iD.

You can leave them a private message on social media on facebook or Twitter. The social media teams seem more competent than other iD customer service channels.

Staff work until 8pm on weekdays - out-of-hours support is automated.

Any out-of-hours private messages left on social media are picked-up when the team next start work.

The “How do I cancel or return my order?” community FAQ explains how to return your order.

Anyway, good luck.

I am trying to contact iD mobile as contract arrived but not the phone. Don’t have a phone number or customer PIN number so can’t even get onto the chat function. I am really unhappy with this service. I need to speak to someone as the phone hasn’t arrived and I have no way of cancelling.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am trying to contact iD mobile as contract arrived but not the phone. Don’t have a phone number or customer PIN number so can’t even get onto the chat function. I am really unhappy with this service. I need to speak to someone as the phone hasn’t arrived and I have no way of cancelling.

It’s easier getting in-touch without a PIN or mobile number via the iD Mobile social media pages either on facebook or Twitter.

You won’t need a PIN to speak to the social media teams.

There isn’t any telephone support from iD - it’s 100% online for help & support.

Yeah gave them order number and explained what the problem was but they said they couldn't help. Pointed me back to the chat that doesn't seem to work, when it does says they are busy. So frustrating and annoying it is so easy to place an order but so difficult to get help!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, it does sound frustrating.

Have you received the iD SIM card yet?

FYI, iD are billing you from the date they dispatched the SIM card.

I recommend using facebook or Twitter to get in-touch with an iD agent, as you’re having trouble with online chat.

Will the sim card be sent separately then?

guess I'll get on Facebook and see what we can do.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It seems iD often send out SIM cards separately, by a non-tracking service from Royal Mail.

They (iD) advise it takes 3-5 working days for SIM card delivery (from date of dispatch). 

Yeah @Michala Fearn, get typing in facebook Messenger ASAP. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Michala Fearn, we haven’t received any messages from you on Facebook or Twitter, unless you go by a pseudonym on there?

@Michelle Weightman If you could also get in touch using Live ChatFacebook or Twitter, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?