Question

£30 Amazon gift voucher

Hello,

I took out a 12 month Sim only deal (12 Gb, unlimited calls and texts) back in mid-Feb. As it was advertised on MSE, it claimed that after 3 months, you would receive a £30 Amazon gift voucher.

However, I still haven’t received my voucher and when taking out the contract, I done it directly through the ID mobile site, so I am wondering what has happened? 

When I received the contract plan from ID mobile, all mention of the deal seems to have disappeared. I’m wondering if this is some sort of system error, or whether it’s false advertising? 

I realise at this point the deal is no longer active for new customers, but here is a link to where I found said deal:

(https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mobiles/cheap-sim-only-contracts/)

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @DjayC, we don’t offer, and have never offered, Amazon gift cards with our plans. You can see all of our recent promotions here.

This therefore sounds like a Money Saving Expert promotion, so I’d recommend contacting them directly.

Thank you,

Rory

I took out a plan with id mobile that was running between 09 and 16 June offering £40 amazon gift card and received the confirmation email from ID Mobile of the reward. It was original for the 100gb 12 month package, but then they included the 12gb 12 month package as well. 

Hi !

I also am in a similar place as DJayC.

I bought a new sim to get a 40£ voucher deal as it was advertised and still have not received. 

The email arrived from iD mobile and to get the voucher I had to sign up by clicking on the link , which is what I’ve done. so it is a legitimate promotion and not a money saving expert promotion. 

I guess I just have to wait a bit longer for this to come through? any ideas? 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi !

I also am in a similar place as DJayC.

I bought a new sim to get a 40£ voucher deal as it was advertised and still have not received. 

The email arrived from iD mobile and to get the voucher I had to sign up by clicking on the link , which is what I’ve done. so it is a legitimate promotion and not a money saving expert promotion. 

I guess I just have to wait a bit longer for this to come through? any ideas? 

Thank you. 

It’s odd, this offer/reward scheme isn’t listed in the iD Mobile “How to claim your offers” online page https://www.idmobile.co.uk/claim-your-offer

Are you sure it’s not an MSE offer/promotion?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @matteob, am I right in saying this promotion was run by GiftCloud? If so, you’ll need to contact them directly.

Thank you,

Rory

It's iDmobile. They work with giftcloud.com and actively promote them through moneysavingexpert but the vouchers never turn up. When you contact iDmobile to get your voucher they refer you back to moneysavingexpert knowing they can't do anything. IDmobile staff are robots who are told what to say to the customer to make it look like iDmobile are innocent. If you check through the directors of giftcloud you will see a former director of iDmobile. A secret sister company. You will never get your voucher on time or at all and iDmobile are untouchable as you took deal out with giftcloud.com thinking it was iDmobile. 

Remember. IDmobile charge £25 for 0.44gb of Internet and there's nothing you can do about it. Just put a cap on your Internet usage, report them to ombudsman and end contract when you can.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It's iDmobile. They work with giftcloud.com and actively promote them through moneysavingexpert but the vouchers never turn up. When you contact iDmobile to get your voucher they refer you back to moneysavingexpert knowing they can't do anything. IDmobile staff are robots who are told what to say to the customer to make it look like iDmobile are innocent. If you check through the directors of giftcloud you will see a former director of iDmobile. A secret sister company. You will never get your voucher on time or at all and iDmobile are untouchable as you took deal out with giftcloud.com thinking it was iDmobile. 

Remember. IDmobile charge £25 for 0.44gb of Internet and there's nothing you can do about it. Just put a cap on your Internet usage, report them to ombudsman and end contract when you can.

I think you’ll find “giftcloud.com” is part of Groupon, which is not linked to iD or Currys - notwithstanding the former director from iD Mobile.

It’s “giftcloud.com” you need to contact about your voucher?
When you signed-up to “giftcloud.com”, to become eligible for the reward promoted on MSE, you agreed to follow their procedure to claim your reward - did you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Whatever72,

What my colleagues and Andewhite have advised is correct.

If you require further assistance with it, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?