Question

4G router - DNS settings

I have recently purchased the unlimited data iD mobile sim-only plan, for use in my 4G router (TP-Link MR6400). Unfortunately, I am running into two issues:

1.  My Amazon Echo device will not connect to the 4G router when using the iD mobile SIM, despite having no issues when connecting to the internet via 4G whilst using a mobile hotspot running on other networks.
  2.  The bigger issue, when using the iD Mobile SIM in the 4G router, I am unable to load work related webpages (currently working from home). After numerous attempts to resolve this, the firms IT team believe it is DNS related issue, and likely the same thing causing issue 1 above. However it appears that DNS settings can not be changed when using a 4G router.

I would be interested to know if anyone has had similar issues when using an iD Mobile sim in a 4G router, or if anyone has any suggestions as to what could resolve either issue.

•  

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @EleanorWyatt,

We’re sorry to hear about this issue. Has the router worked with another networks 4G SIM card inside?

Ryan

I have recently purchased the unlimited data iD mobile sim-only plan, for use in my 4G router (TP-Link MR6400). Unfortunately, I am running into two issues:

1.  My Amazon Echo device will not connect to the 4G router when using the iD mobile SIM, despite having no issues when connecting to the internet via 4G whilst using a mobile hotspot running on other networks.xender omegle
  2.  The bigger issue, when using the iD Mobile SIM in the 4G router, I am unable to load work related webpages (currently working from home). After numerous attempts to resolve this, the firms IT team believe it is DNS related issue, and likely the same thing causing issue 1 above. However it appears that DNS settings can not be changed when using a 4G router.

I would be interested to know if anyone has had similar issues when using an iD Mobile sim in a 4G router, or if anyone has any suggestions as to what could resolve either issue.

•  

thank you my issue has been solved

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh wonderful, cheers for letting us know @EleanorWyatt.

Would you mind sharing what the issue was? It may help other members of the community in the future you see.

Will

Why iD Mobile?