Solved

5G on Motorola G50

• 5 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Do I need a new SIM card for 5G on Motorola G50 ? This model is listed as compatible in your 5G phones list and your coverage checker shows 5G is available in postcode LE2 4PA. When I go into phone settings, the preferred network types offered are only 4G/3G/2G although since changing to my Motorola Moto G7 Power to a G50, I am also now sometimes seeing 4G+ in the top right notifications panel.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 7 October 2021, 15:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash, thanks for your quick response. My Motorola G50 is less than a week old and I have downloaded all the factory updates plus all apps from PlayStore are up to date including the iD Mobile App. Latest updates were done this morning.

I'm on the same SIM card that you sent me in December 2019 on your order reference 108521002. Would this be manufactured before you made all SIM cards 5G compatible by default?

I hope to hear from you soon,

Kind regards,

Peter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Just adding a comment here to let other moderators know that this is being dealt with via PM.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I would like to publicly offer my thanks to the support staff at iD mobile who have resolved my network connection problem so expertly and quickly.

Cheers

Peter 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers @BrockshillPeter,

That’s a proper sound thing of you to do, we really appreciate it!

Take care, and please let us know if ever you need anything else.

Will

I have the same issue with my new Motorola G50. Can anyone explain how did they manage to get 5G working? Preferred network types offered are only 4G/3G/2G when using iD Mobile SIM.

The SIM itself is working fine in 5G when using with the latest iPhone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kris-Timo,

Can you please advise if you have the latest update installed on the handset?

Kash

Thank you. 5G doesn’t work straight out of the box.

As mentioned, it needs to have several restarts and updates (usually automatic) before the 5G signal comes up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kris-Timo,

Is 5G working now on the Motorola?

Kash

5G is now working on a Motorola G50 after the updates. Speeds are 350Mbps vs Iphone 13 550Mbps during the low peak times.

Why iD Mobile?