Question

Answering calls

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have a Alcatel 5002H and I’m currently unable to swipe to answer calls, can anyone give me advice/help to overcome/remedy the issue please?

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @SamW, I’m not entirely sure what the cause of that would be. If you mean you’re physically unable to swipe to accept the call, it sounds like it might be an issue with that section of the touch screen? 

Does it work under normal operation, i.e. when using menus etc?

Thank you,

Rory

Yes I can use other functions send texts, use Whatsapp, etc just an issue when receiving calls not letting me swipe to answer.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The Alcatel user guide says swipe right to answer a call.

Maybe your swipe is being detected as a flick?

Anyway, good luck.

I’ve had this phone since January last year I know how to answer but the handset has stopped me doing so.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @SamW, if it used to work and now doesn’t, then that sounds like the touch sensitivity in that area of the screen is broken.

Can you reject with a swipe?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Maybe try performing a factory reset?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@SamW Sounds like they might have just changed the gesture. Try swiping in all different directions or simply tapping accept.

If you’re still having issues, you may wish to contact Alcatel directly, or pop into your nearest Currys store for assistance. 

Thank you,

Rory

No I can’t reject the call either, it’s an intermittent problem.

I’m not messing about with factory reset it took my ages to copy from my last phone (Samsung) to this.

I don’t drive and my nearest Currys is miles away would take ages on the bus, plus if they needed to send it away I don’t have a spare anymore gave my last phone to a family member.

Definitely won’t be renewing my contract with ID next time it’s due.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you send it away, it will be factory reset. It is what it is and if you don't want to preform a factory reset, send it away or visit your nearest Curry's store then there is little anyone can do for you.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could try calling the Alcatel Mobile support UK hotline - 020 8075 0417

It’s open Monday - Friday from 09:00 to 18:00.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @SamW, with all due respect, this isn’t an issue that’s arisen because of iD Mobile or our network services. It seems to be either a hardware or software issue and only Alcatel themselves would be able to rectify it.

As @andewhite says, if you’re not able to get to a Currys store, you may wish to contact Alcatel directly.

Thank you,

Rory

All due respect Rory I expect some support from my network given it was supplied by them, don’t get this from other networks they have technical support regardless.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You've received support! You have refused to reset the phone, refused to visit your nearest Curry's store and you refuse to return the phone for repair. If you think any other network will do things differently then your in for further disappointment!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The Alcatel 5002H user manual suggests 4 self-service troubleshooting steps before contacting the support centre.

One of these steps is “Reset your phone via Factory data reset.” If your Alcatel is less than 12 months old, it’s covered by the manufacturer's product warranty.

Try the Alcatel Mobile support UK hotline - 020 8075 0417. It’s open weekdays from 09:00 to 18:00.

Why iD Mobile?