Solved

Can't change My Number to ported number on iPhone

• 15 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I ported my old number without a problem, but the number originally supplied on the iD SIM still shows on Settings>Phone>My Number, and it says on Messages and FaceTime that I only have a certain number of days left with my old/ported number because it is not associated with this phone.

I’ve tried changing the number in Settings>Phone>My Number, but it won’t save the ported number.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 January 2022, 23:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @appledoreblue,

Have you tried the following:

1. Turn OFF iMessage (Settings > Messages).
  2. Turn your phone OFF for at least 10 minutes.
  3. Turn your phone ON and tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
    If it’s not correct, please enter the correct number.
    If you can’t enter the correct number, go to:
    Apple ID > Name Phone Numbers, Email > CONTACTABLE AT in order to correct the number (initially delete old number, then go back in and insert the correct number).
  4. Turn iMessage back to ON (Settings > Messages).
  5. Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

If that fails, try doing a Network Reset as follows (applies to iOS 15+):

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Doing this will delete any saved Wi-Fi networks and their passwords you have joined.

Anyway, good luck. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks, andewhite - your first solution worked. 

I guess I should have expected that the answer would be a variation of ‘try turning it off and on again’ - it’s what the IT guys at work always tell me...:slight_smile:

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s great @appledoreblue, the ‘old’ ON/OFF trick follows the 80/20 rule - i.e. solves 80% of problems.  

Why iD Mobile?