Solved

cant recieve sms verification codes

• 13 August 2021
  • 8 replies

I’ve recently swapped over from vodaphone and when trying to set up my mobile banking I’ve noticed I can’t receive verification codes! This seems to be from all companies including Amazon, banks and paypal. I’ve spoken to someone on live chat but won’t hear anything back for 48 hours apparently. Does anyone know how to fix this as I really need to access my online banking ! 

icon

Best answer by Oksana1254356 1 September 2021, 18:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Hannah Phillips,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

I have exactly the same problem. Can’t access Amazon as it keeps sending a verification text to my number, and it doesn’t come through. The last one I requested around 17.30 today.

@Hannah Phillips Hi, sorry, but have they resolved this problem for you? It seems quite common judging by the number of threads started

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Oksana1254356 thanks for getting in touch. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Userlevel 1

I’m encountering the exact same issue as described above :rage: (not to mention the numerous threads elsewhere on the community forum – highlighting just how common this problem seems to be).

SMS verification codes (from all my apps) just don’t come through anymore since switching (and porting my number over) from EE to iD Mobile. I reported it on the Live Chat and the issue was eventually escalated to the Tech team.  I was promised the issue would be resolved within 48 hours, and that the Tech team would contact me…...

After 3 days waiting, no news. So, I made contact on the Live Chat again. They told me that the Tech team had looked into it, but needed more info from me about the problem (though notably, they hadn’t made any contact with me). Rather than try to resolve the issue, they then suggested I contact the other companies/apps instead (as though the fault was with them, not iD! :rolling_eyes: ). All very odd and unsatisfactory, given just how many others have suffered from this very same issue. You’d think the Tech team would know how to resolve the problem SWIFTLY by now. 

I have been told to wait another 48 hours for the Teach team to further investigate. I’m doubtful they’ll be in touch and I’ll be going around in circles for days over this. I’m very much regretting choosing iD over EE now. Never had a problem like this on my old network. 

I am curious to know whether folks posting above got the issue fixed or not, in the end.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Swann,

If this has been escalated to the Tech Team they will investigate this further and get back to you with an update.

Do let us know if you don’t have an update within 48 hours and we can check it out.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Swann,

If this has been escalated to the Tech Team they will investigate this further and get back to you with an update.

Do let us know if you don’t have an update within 48 hours and we can check it out.

Kash

Hi @Kas

It was escalated to the Tech Team last Thursday (16/09/2021), well over 48 hours ago. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Swann,

It can take longer on some occasions depending on the issue.

Get back to us here if you don’t have any updates in 24 hours and we’ll check it out.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?