Solved

Contract cancelled

• 9 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

My phone was stolen on holidays on the 15th of may and then I blocked the sim when I came home I cancelled the contract and was told I would  have my final bill and then cancel my direct debit . Had another bill and payed and spoke to chatbot and they said that was alright and then cancelled my direct debit . I have now received anther bill . witch will not be paid as the direct debit is cancelled .A bit of clarification please .

icon

Best answer by Rory 11 August 2022, 14:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The chat-bot cannot cancel an iD contract.

You need to use the iD Mobile online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat and speak to an iD agent to cancel your contract.

If you cancel the contract’s Direct Debit (DD), it only stops the payment method linked to a contract - cancelling the DD does not cancel a contract.

The following iD community articles explain in detail:

You can also call iD on 0800 049 0250 for cancellation and payment.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

I can not log in to my account as my sim was blocked Spoke to online chat and they said it would be sorted my direct debit is cancelled and now I have had another bill after me paying one bill already after cancelling .Can not phone or email anybody and online chat is not working either . I do not know what to do next . Can not contact anybody . Need Help

Also my previous post I said my phone was stolen on 15th of May But it was15th of June  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I can not log in to my account as my sim was blocked Spoke to online chat and they said it would be sorted my direct debit is cancelled and now I have had another bill after me paying one bill already after cancelling .Can not phone or email anybody and online chat is not working either . I do not know what to do next . Can not contact anybody . Need Help

Also my previous post I said my phone was stolen on 15th of May But it was15th of June  

Okay, @Glan Jones just cancelling your contract’s Direct Debit (DD) does not cancel your contract. All you’ve done is cancel the payment method for your contract. 

You really do need to use the iD Mobile online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat and speak to an iD agent who can cancel your contract.

The customer service staff work until 8pm on weekdays.

If you can’t use online chat, just send a private request to iD Mobile’s social media team using facebook (using Messenger) or Twitter (by Direct Message) - they should also be able to assist with your enquiry.

There’s no telephone support with iD, but you could also try their cancellations and payments phone service on 0800 049 0250.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks very much phoned the cancellations team and they tried to sort the problem out but could not do it their department  ,but then they gave me a number to phone witch I did and they will ring me back within 48 hours I hope .

Many Thanks .

Willie .

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks very much phoned the cancellations team and they tried to sort the problem out but could not do it their department  ,but then they gave me a number to phone witch I did and they will ring me back within 48 hours I hope .

Many Thanks .

Willie .

I do hope so @Glan Jones - but seems iD don’t have a good record of calling customers back, judging by comments posted in this community.

It seems odd the cancellations team cannot cancel your iD account - I hope they explained why not.

Perhaps you should make a formal complaint against iD?

Anyway, I hope you manage to get things sorted somehow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Glan Jones, we do require 30 days’ notice to disconnect a line, so if you requested the disconnection on 15th May, it makes sense that your final bill was produced on 15th June. 

We would then collect it 14 days following. It sounds like you might have cancelled the Direct Debit before the final bill was taken.

Either way, I’d recommend speaking to the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams as they’ll be able to offer assistance much more quickly than we can on the Community.

Thank you,

Rory

Hello,

I requested a pac code and gave notice of leaving ID mobile. 

The pac cod did not work as it was cancelled by ID mobile. As such I did not go ahead with the new plan and I assumed the cancellation of my contract with ID should not be affected.

I now realised my contract has been cancelled. Please advice how do I re0activate my account? If this not possible, please advise how I may be issued with a pac code that works? I wish to retain my number, please.

Thanks,

C

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chan Ung 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?