Solved

Damaged Phone

• 25 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello there
My phone has an issue. After the screen was damaged I had a replacement placed on it, but now the selfie camera looks cloudy and is far from clear or even halfway good. The person who repaired it last time said that once the screen was placed on, it couldn’t be removed.

Would I be able to purchase the same phone again from ID and keep the plan I have or would it be best to just try and get the camera looked at?
If I can get a replacement from ID, where would I look - or would it just be a case of buying a new phone and trying to get a similar contract?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 25 August 2021, 20:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MattC 

Where did you get the screen replaced from? Was it an authorised repair center? If so, then we would advise taking the phone back to them. The other option would be to purchase the same phone again Sim-free and then carry on using your iD sim inside the new phone.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

ACG in Bury St Edmunds. Will keep in mind, thank you so much :)

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The shop didn’t do their job right and they should swallow the cost of having to fixing it! If that means removing the screen and having to put a whole new one back on as a result then that is what they should do. That’s the trouble with these “local corner repair shops”, cheap Chinese parts installed by individuals that don’t have any certification whatsoever. When they break your phone they show you the door!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @MattC,

As @WelshPaul says, I would go back to the place you got it repaired and ask if they can sort this out for you. If they aren’t an accredited repair outlet for the manufacturer of the handset, there is also a good chance the warranty is void too now.

Will

Why iD Mobile?