Question

Data Boost

• 29 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, I got a 50gb boost on my account when I joined. I have never used it much but I get messages that 80% of my data is used up. Should the 50gb balance not be drawn to support this rather than charges being put to my account?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @David O'Callaghan ,

Have you checked your data allowance on the iD App/Account.

Simply log in to the iD Mobile app or My Account online, and you'll see your Data Boost on the dashboard, as part of your overall data allowances for that month.

Kash

iD Mobile

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @David O'Callaghan 

Just to add to what @Kash has mentioned. The message saying that you used 80% of your data allowance is just automated message which will come through when you reach 80% of your monthly allowance excluding data boost. Don't worry though as you will not be charged extra when your allowance reach 100% as system will automatically draw the data from your boost. 

I have had the same thing happening to me when I was with O2. I had 3GB contract but I got 12GB as an offer. At the end of my 3GB I was getting automated message that I used up my allowance and I will be charged but it just simply kicked me into drawing data from the extra 9GB that I got. 

I hope this helps to clarify the confusion here 🙂

Kind Regards

Gregor

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @David O'Callaghan,

​​What ​@Gregor has said is correct, the boost will only come into play once you have used your ordinary allowance which will mean you will receive the same 80% and 100% data usage messages before the boost is used.

Just be sure to double check the app to ensure the boost is still active and usable if you intend to use it. Some boosts have an expiry date.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?