Question

data not working

• 30 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I am struggling to make my data work. I have turned on data roaming etc and always have is the 3G symbol on the top left of the hand. I have tried to speak to an agent throughout online chat, This didn’t work as the chat link wouldn’t open. I have tried using different browsers, turned off my pop up blockers etc. Still, the chat wouldn’t open. I tried calling 7777, all the automated systems does, is tell me to log in or go through online chat and neither work! It’s utterly annoying.. Is it so hard to design a link that isn’t so troublesome? 

Can some help with this data issue because I am in Italy at the moment and if my data isn’t working, I’m practically left without any source of communication. 

thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Felix 

Since you are using roaming in Italy I would recommend you to try search manually the network in your settings. I am not entirely sure where to find it on an iPhone but on Android phone it will be hidden in "Network and Internet" at the top of the list. 

I had similar issue when I was in Portugal and I have manually selected each network until I found the best coverage. 

Let me know if that helped you. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Update: Hello again. We just got info from community manager @Emil that iD Mobile is having technical issues regarding mobile data while roaming. They are trying to fix it. 

More details here.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

While @Felix’s issue is likely a result of the ongoing issue linked to above by @Gregor, it’s worth noting that Android devices have a setting that can prevent data from working when roaming on another network. 

On my Samsung S21 Ultra it’s here:

• Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Data roaming 

You need to make sure that the above setting is turned on otherwise data will not work when roaming. 👍

Userlevel 1

@Gregor  @WelshPaul 

Thanks guys. 

it started working again after a while. I was busy through out the day so I didn’t have enough time to respond.

I will try what you have recommended if the problem occurs again.

However, I am still struggling to understand why I always have issues when I am trying to access the online chat. IDMobile seriously have to sort that problem out because it’s been going on for at least a year or more. It’s unbelievably annoying not being able to access support when you require it especially when there is no one to call directly. That being said, 

thank you for the responses. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Felix,

Which aspect of the chat are you facing problems with? Is it just not showing you the dialogue box to begin entering in your details? As you have mentioned data roaming, is this chat issue happening whilst you’re abroad?

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?