Question

Direct Debit payment failed. why?

• 13 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

My ID bill is payed monthly by direct debit. This month it wasn’t paid and I don’t know why. I received a text telling me it hadn’t been paid and it would be paid next month and I didn’t need to do anything.  However, I have made a payment rather than having two months to pay next month.  What I don’t understand is why it hadn’t been paid in the first place. I also couldn’t work out how to contact ID which is why I’m posing in the community. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ACB,

Have you got a screenshot you can share of the text message you received please? Did the amount leave your bank as expected prior to receiving the text?

Cheers,

Will

Userlevel 1

When I logged into my account it told me I had an amount outstanding which is why I paid it.  Admittedly I didn’t check my bank account which I probably should have done!

My bank card recently expired and I have a new one but I don’t see how that would affect direct debits.

Not sure how to do screen shots of texts…

Thanks, Angela  

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ACB,

The card expiring may well be what’s caused the issue here. 

Have you tried updating the Direct Debit details in the App? Does it show as active when you view it?

If you’re still having trouble, let us know and we’ll drop you a Private message on here to discuss this further with you.

Will

Userlevel 4
Badge

It is because nowadays you need to make some effort for business to take your money! Not that easy as it used to be before 😂

Why iD Mobile?