Question

Emergency calls only after a few minutes

• 20 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I have seen a few similar threads but nothing with a solution that works or that has exactly the same issue.

I just switched to and iD Sim only.

My phone has picked up the sim and I have been able to make a call on it, however after a few minutes of being on it switches to Emergency calls only. A restart will give me back iD network signal, but it will drop again after a short time. I don’t really know what to do here and I’m worried that I’ll be left without a functioning phone.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @JackMilton 

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are facing. 

Are you having problems in certain places or are seeing emergency calls all the time ?

Please could I also take your postcode ? We can then check the coverage within your area.

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi,

thanks for responding. Location does not seem to make any difference, once it switches to emergency calls only the only thing that seems to fix it is a restart (but it’s never long before I can’t make calls again).

I’m in the BS16 area.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @JackMilton 

Have you tested the sim in another phone to see if you are still having the same issue? Also, please could you provide us with your full Postcode as we are unable to find the network coverage with half of the Postcode.

-Mohsin

Hi, 

I just traded my sim with a friends for about 40minutes. Neither had any problems connecting to the networks. but upon putting my iD sim back in my phone I now have no connection to the network again.

I don’t want to give my postcode out in a public forum can I do it in private messages?

Thanks,
Jack

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @JackMilton,

That’s pretty unusual. What handset is it you’re using?

Will

Hi,

It’s a Huawei Mate 20 Lite. I hope that’s not a problem as I cannot get another phone right now.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @JackMilton 

If the iD sim has worked fine in your friends phone then it should also work fine in your Huawei Mate 20. We will send you a Private Message now so we can check the coverage in your area. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview 

We’ll see you there.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?