Solved

exisiting customer buying a new plan

Hi I am an ID existing customer. I have purchased a new plan with ID -- not an upgrade. But I want to keep my old number. What should I do? Do I need to do it as if I was switching from another network to ID mobile, giving ID mobile the PAC code etc? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 23 June 2021, 19:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You cannot move a mobile number already allocated to an existing ID Mobile account onto a new ID Mobile account. You need to cancel and return the new SIM card you have ordered and upgrade your existing account. 👍

You mean I can’t “upgrade” my plan this way? I will have to cancel the order and do an upgrade? Even if I give them the PAC code? Thank you!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No you can’t upgrade that way and yes you will have to cancel the order and do an upgrade.

ok, thanks for the clarification and I will do that. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Ca I ask why chose to buy a whole new SIM only plan and not upgrade your existing account?

The reason I ask is that I have seen a few others post the same question over the past week or so and so you’re not alone in having done this.

because the upgrade plan doesn’t give me the phone I want. A brand new plan does. Simple reason. And I thought I could then transfer my old sim card to the new phone.

And I can’t lauch livechat, no matter which browser I use. So thank you for answering my question. I haven’t got the new phone. It seems the only way is to return it to a Carphone warehouse shop -- although I bought it online -- but I can’t lauch the livechat. 

wait, I just noticed that you thought I bought a sim only plan? No I bought the plan with a new phone. So I will get a new phone as well which will come with a new SIM card. 

And I wonder if I can transfer my old ID SIM card to the new phone using the new plan?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

An ID Mobile member of staff will be around sometime tomorrow morning and they will respond to your post here and will likely drop you a private message and arrange the return.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

wait, I just noticed that you thought I bought a sim only plan? No I bought the plan with a new phone. So I will get a new phone as well which will come with a new SIM card. 

And I wonder if I can transfer my old ID SIM card to the new phone using the new plan?

You can put your old SIM card into the new phone but you will then be paying two bills every month.

However, it makes no difference if it's a SIM only plan or a phone contract. You still cannot move your number from one account to the other. 

ok, thank you very much.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Wait for the member of staff to respond here and they should be able to confirm if you can get the handset you want via an upgrade on your existing account or not.

Good Luck 🤞

Why iD Mobile?