Solved

Faulty Sim

We have in past couple of weeks purchased 3 phones from ID. Phones all OK but sim card sent to my wife doesn’t work. It is impossible to get hold of anyone from ID. What do we do ?

I also need to have my wifi calling looked at - can this be done on high street (curries ?) 

icon

Best answer by Frustratedbyid 10 June 2021, 00:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Frustratedbyid,

I am sorry to hear about that issue, is the account with the faulty SIM card in your wife’s name or in your name?

In regards to your WiFi calling, what seems to be the issue you’re facing and which phone make and model do you have?

Ryan

Sim in my wifes name, but how does she contact someone to get a new one and discuss when she will start being charged / confirm no charge until sim activated.

Can we go to curries for help - i see this on web but not sure if accurate.

I get no signal in my work place and only one bar at home despite coverage in areas. wifi calling works at home but not at work.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Sim in my wifes name, but how does she contact someone to get a new one and discuss when she will start being charged / confirm no charge until sim activated.

Speak to a live agent here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

You will connect with ID Mobile’s chatbot at first, type “Agent” and select “ID Customer Services” to be connected to an actual human being.

Can we go to curries for help - i see this on web but not sure if accurate.

Yes you can although I think there is a charge for a replacement ID SIM card in-store.

I get no signal in my work place and only one bar at home despite coverage in areas. wifi calling works at home but not at work.

If WiFi calling isn’t working when connecting to WiFi at work but is OK at home, this is probably down to your employers security policies and network configuration. 😔

Have you spoken to anyone at work about it? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Frustratedbyid,

If your wife can set up an account on here and post us a message like you’ve done, we can then Private Message her and get a new SIM sent out via DPD on next working day delivery, free of charge.

Will

Why iD Mobile?