Question

Faulty Sim

• 12 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Received new id phone on Monday.

SIM card does not work, Husbands SIM works in my phone, my SIM does not work in his so SIM obviously faulty. Tried troubleshooting, cleaning etc’.

Please send me a new SIM and confirm charges/data will only start from when SIM is activated. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Was this an upgrade or a whole new purchase?

• If you've just purchased a new connection and received your new SIM card, it should already be activated.
  • If you've received a new SIM card because you've recently upgraded with us, or you've received a replacement SIM card, you'll need to activate it before you can use it. https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/sim-swap

If it was a new purchase then speak to a live agent on the link below and they should get you up and running in no time:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Click on the “Launch live chat” button and enter your information. Once you're connected to the ID Mobile chatbot type the word “Agent” and select “Customer Service” option and you will be connected to a live agent.

Brand new phone. New customer to ID and SIM does not work. Husband also new to ID but his sim works and also works in my phone. My sim also doesnt work in his phone.

I need a sim to start using ID mobile.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Speak to a live agent on the above link otherwise you will probably have to wait until sometime on Monday before an ID Mobile staff member replies to your post on here.

Where do I type agent and where do I select customer services from. 

All I get is the chatbot asking for my name, then my number, then there is a drop down menu with no customer services option.or any option for my problem. There is no other reason on the menu.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Fill in the fields you mention above, you will then be connected to the ID Mobile chatbot. Now, type the word "Agent" in the message field and press enter. Make your selection from the list of options available to you and you will be connected to a real human being. 👍

Why iD Mobile?