Question

Happy with upgrade tariff, not performance of upgraded phone

• 15 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Just upgraded my phone however it's not even registering 4G as a network and the handset is slower than the old one from before. Performance with WiFi is not much better. To be honest the phone looked (and feels) not right for a supposed premium phone. The tariff Im happy with, not the performance of the phone which is an S20 FE 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @PMn57,

I’m sorry to hear about this issue. Does your phone not show 4G at all? Have you tested it in other areas to see if this makes a difference? Are other devices performing fine on your WiFi network too?

I would recommend backing up the data on your phone and then performing a factory reset just to see if this helps with those performance issues.

Ryan

5G is pretty established in many places in Luton but even in those areas 4G will not register and other phones do much better on WiFi except mine seems to get stuck thinking.

My son has already done the factory reset and issues remain.

Trish

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @PMn57,

How long have you had the handset? Are you still using the SIM from before you upgraded, or did you activate the new SIM card that arrived with the handset?

Will

New SIM activated and in phone. Only got it Monday

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @PMn57,

Have you tried the SIM of another network in the handset to see how it behaves? or the iD Mobile SIM in a different handset?

Carrying out these tests will assist us greatly in figuring out if the issue is with the SIM or handset you see.

Will

Checked different SIM however they're 5G so still only went to 3G and that's with checking to the settings. An unlocked P20 from Huawei showed no issue with the SIM working okay at 4G. Even getting help same result

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The Samsung S20 FE is a 4G capable phone but it is not a 5G capable phone.

What is the following setting configured to use:

Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Network mode SIM 1

I would also recommend that you check coverage in your area here:

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Network/Coverage

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @PMn57 

The phone you have may be faulty we would like to check the exchange options for you.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks.

Michelle 

iD Mobile  

Why iD Mobile?